Professional Web Applications Themes

None of my tools work in an existing doent - Macromedia Freehand

I've a 10 page doent that I've been working in quite happily. All of the tools worked fine. The problem arose since I installed an accounts package (well, it may not be the cause but it seems coincidental). Whenever I try to add a new element to a page (I'm trying to add text) all I get is the "Could not complete your request because an unknown command was encountered" error message. I can create a new doent and the tools work fine, plus I can edit existing text, but not create any new text. The same error message appears ...

  1. #1

    Default None of my tools work in an existing doent

    I've a 10 page doent that I've been working in quite happily. All of the tools worked fine. The problem arose since I installed an accounts package (well, it may not be the cause but it seems coincidental).

    Whenever I try to add a new element to a page (I'm trying to add text) all I get is the "Could not complete your request because an unknown command was encountered" error message.

    I can create a new doent and the tools work fine, plus I can edit existing text, but not create any new text. The same error message appears when I try to add a path, a shape or a line (although it FHMX does allow me to create these as long as I keep clicking the error message OK button!!)

    I've removed Freehand and reinstalled with no result -- still the same error message. Incidentally, if I just click on the page I get the same error!

    HELP

    Thanks

    wescarmichael1 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: None of my tools work in an existing doent

    My guess is that the Account package installed some fonts that are
    either corrupt or that FH simply has a problem with. See if you can
    track them down.

    Rich

    "wescarmichael1" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > I've a 10 page doent that I've been working in quite happily. All of the tools worked fine. The problem arose since I installed an accounts package (well, it may not be the cause but it seems coincidental).
    >
    > Whenever I try to add a new element to a page (I'm trying to add text) all I get is the "Could not complete your request because an unknown command was encountered" error message.
    >
    > I can create a new doent and the tools work fine, plus I can edit existing text, but not create any new text. The same error message appears when I try to add a path, a shape or a line (although it FHMX does allow me to create these as long as I keep clicking the error message OK button!!)
    >
    > I've removed Freehand and reinstalled with no result -- still the same error message. Incidentally, if I just click on the page I get the same error!
    >
    > HELP
    >
    > Thanks

    Rich Hudgins Guest

  3. #3

    I've discovered what it was!!

    When selecting the text tool there was no "Normal" text option -- the tool was blank -- by pasting in a piece of text the little +Normal became available. I simply accepted the warning message that popped up and hey presto, it works as new (;->))

    Thanks for your help anyway Rich (I searched my fonts but there are no dates on when the file was last updated/modified, and with 2500 fonts installed it's a bit difficult) :-)

    Wes

    wescarmichael1 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest