Professional Web Applications Themes

Noob Idea in Need of Help - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Basically I need to know how to make it were I can have a user come to my webpage and anwser some questions on one page however they like, (no drop down menu's, their own text), and then have them hit submit and it get sent to my e-mail address. If anyone could help me with this since it's so easy, I would greatly appreciate it. My s/n is Lamo Mayoisnasty and my e-mail adress is [email]maxmeltonsbcglobal.net[/email] Thanks in advance!...

  1. #1

    Default Noob Idea in Need of Help

    Basically I need to know how to make it were I can have a user come to my
    webpage and anwser some questions on one page however they like, (no drop down
    menu's, their own text), and then have them hit submit and it get sent to my
    e-mail address. If anyone could help me with this since it's so easy, I would
    greatly appreciate it. My s/n is Lamo Mayoisnasty and my e-mail adress is
    [email]maxmeltonsbcglobal.net[/email] Thanks in advance!

    Bumbobean23 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Noob Idea in Need of Help

    There are only two ways to process form data -

    1. Use mailto:namedomain.com as the action of the form
    2. Use a server-side scripting method to a) harvest the form's data, b)
    process it in some manner, e.g., enter it into a database, c) formulate and
    send an email to one or more email recipients, and d) redirect the visitor
    to some ending page

    Method 1 is quite simple, and is also the least reliable. It depends both
    on your visitor having an email client already installed on their computer -
    this eliminates public computers, or home users without email clients
    installed (more and more it seems) - and on the installed email client
    responding to
    the mailto call. It is not possible to use this method *and* send the
    visitor to a
    thank you page as well.

    Method 2 is the preferred method, since it eliminates the problems of method
    1, but it means that you have to grapple with server-scripting somehow (ASP,
    CF, PHP, perl, etc.).

    You would have to decide which of these methods is best for your needs,
    but if it's Method 2, then start by asking your host what they provide for
    form
    processing.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Bumbobean23" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Basically I need to know how to make it were I can have a user come to
    > my
    > webpage and anwser some questions on one page however they like, (no drop
    > down
    > menu's, their own text), and then have them hit submit and it get sent to
    > my
    > e-mail address. If anyone could help me with this since it's so easy, I
    > would
    > greatly appreciate it. My s/n is Lamo Mayoisnasty and my e-mail adress is
    > [email]maxmeltonsbcglobal.net[/email] Thanks in advance!

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    My site supports CGI Access/PHP, mySQL, and ftp. Could you please explain method two for me please?
    Bumbobean23 Guest

  4. #4

    You would need to first ask your host what they provide for processing form
    data. I need to know the answer to that question.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > My site supports CGI Access/PHP, mySQL, and ftp. Could you please explain
    > method two for me please?

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    Hey Guys

    If you are using Windows and your server has ASP then instead of spending time
    building all that code, do what I did buy Form Builder from Xigla.com. It
    takes me about 2 minutes to build a form or contest page that will save info to
    database(if you want), send an autorepsonder (if you want) send you complete
    data information and then redirect the visitor to another page. I have bought
    this program for every website I have.

    [url]http://www.xigla.com/absolutefp/index.htm[/url]
    Plus the tech support is incredible

    Steve Owens

    poserman Guest

  6. #6

    They basically said the support everything. lmao, that's the tech support I get (deserve) for using a free service. Maybe it's a good thing though? lol
    Bumbobean23 Guest