Professional Web Applications Themes

notebook & ps8 - Adobe Photoshop Mac CS, CS2 & CS3

Hello. I want to buy a new notebook and I'm going to install PS 8(phtoshop8) in it.I wonder if you can direct me.I want to buy Toshiba tecra A1 with Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 processor at 2.20 GHz and I'll will increase it's RAM to 1024. but my problem is it's vga (graphic memory) is 64 shared . (Intel 852GM integrated graphics controller chipset; 64MB DDR) Can this video memory support PS8 (and other new graphic applications)? Any suggestion? Regards Reza...

  1. #1

    Default notebook & ps8

    Reza_Saheban@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: notebook & ps8

    Just a thought - you may want to post this in the Windows section.

    Most of us Mac users are too dumb to know anything about big numbers and words like that %D
    JasonSmith@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    What are all those A cirflex characters? I accused Ann of using them in another thread but maybe it's my browser. Is anyone else seeing them?
    Graham_Phillips@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    No. You are seeing starz **************
    Ann_Shelbourne@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I'm seeing them on the Windows box I'm at right now.

    Intel® Pentium®

    Interestingly enough, they show as "A-ring" () in the Adobe Forums spelling checker.

    I'll check on my Macs when I get back home alter this evening.
    Ramn_G_Castaeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Get a Powerbook

    forget Windows
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Reza,

    Windows or not, one of the concerns I have for installing Photoshop on a laptop is color accuracy. Generally, when you move your head away from the center of the screen, or if you look at the screen at an angle, you are likely to see a color shift or change in density. If your color is critical, don't let that laptop be the final say.

    Neil
    Neil_Keller@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Graham,

    I just got home and the characters in question look exactly the same on my Mac as they did on the Windows box, just like I described them in post # 4:

    Intel® Pentium®

    Ramn_G_Castaeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    i see them that way too..

    using powerbook g4 aluminium & panther

    Maybe it's an internal setting fot those words.. :-))

    On 2004-03-06 04:00:17 +0100, Ramn_G_Castaedaadobeforums.com said:
    > Graham,
    >
    > I just got home and the characters in question look exactly the same on
    > my Mac as they did on the Windows box, just like I described them in
    > post # 4:
    > Intel® Pentium®

    x-- 100 Proof News - [url]http://www.100ProofNews.com[/url]
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    lello Guest

  10. #10

    If your color is critical, don't let that laptop be the final say.

    The trouble is, it's not always practical to carry a desktop computer under one arm and a CRT monitor under the other when you're on the road.
    Graham_Phillips@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Reza, if you don't need crushing 3D performance for your other applications, then integrated graphics shouldn't be a problem. Most applications, including Photoshop, only use the 2D acceleration capabilities of the graphics chips and I would expect any modern computer to be adequate in that regard.

    That said, I would shy away from shared memory if I had a choice simply because it is an obvious performance/space/budget compromise, but other than the fact that you will have 64MB less RAM for Photoshop to play with I doubt you'll notice a difference.
    Graham_Phillips@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    The G5 laptop computers should be out soon so just wait a little longer to get a deal on a G4.
    Mike_Ornellas@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Laptops typically are very significantly slower for PS use than similarly configured desktop boxes. I strongly recommend that you get PS up and running and put PS through serious testing on a real image on any PC laptop before you buy one. Throughput is what you need, and most PC laptops (and many PC desktop configurations) cut costs by omitting essential architectural components for PS throughput. That is a big part of why PCs sometimes *seem* less expensive.

    On the Mac side consider only the latest TiBooks as a minimum requirement. Note that Macs almost always do put all the parts together to optimize PS-type output at each price point; therefore there normally is no huge need for graphics card updating as long as you are doing 2D.
    Allen_Wicks@adobeforums.com Guest