Professional Web Applications Themes

Nov. Artist Of The Month - Adobe Photoshop Elements

WOW!!! From the first to the last, there is something to enjoy in every frame. For me, these are a smidge more special: Julio Guerra - Halfdome in winter, with the sunset colors on the peak. I can smell the snow and pines. Leen Koper - you make me envy the young man! Robert Schraven - Quintynsbrug bridge... the focus is amazing. The most special, though: Bob Warren - Lower Yellowstone Falls... I grew up in Montana, and the family vacation for many years was Yellowstone. Thanks for the memories! Congratulations to all for such wonderful images, and thanks for ...

  1. #1

    Default Nov. Artist Of The Month

    WOW!!!

    From the first to the last, there is something to enjoy in every frame.

    For me, these are a smidge more special:

    Julio Guerra - Halfdome in winter, with the sunset colors on the peak. I
    can smell the snow and pines.

    Leen Koper - you make me envy the young man!

    Robert Schraven - Quintynsbrug bridge... the focus is amazing.

    The most special, though:

    Bob Warren - Lower Yellowstone Falls... I grew up in Montana, and the
    family vacation for many years was Yellowstone. Thanks for the memories!

    Congratulations to all for such wonderful images, and thanks for allowing us
    to share them.

    Byron

    Byron_Gale@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Nov. Artist Of The Month

    Barbara, I love the way you work with light; it is exceptionally well done.
    Julio, this Halfdome is the only mountain I recognise immediately; Ansel Adams would have loved this image.
    Jürgen, wonderful beach scene.

    I am eagerly awaiting the rest of the images; I suppose there is more to come as Grant didnot post about it in the forum and some images I sent him are still to be published.
    This showcase of our bundled powers should stay on this site and regularly be refreshed.

    Grant, well done and keep up the good work.

    Leen
    Leen_Koper@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Byron,

    I blurred the whole image and then de-blurred (for lack of a better word .-)) the area of the bridge itself. Unsharp after that.
    This is one of those images that looks better in Bl& W than in colour.

    I looked at all the images displayed, and think this initiative is a splendid idea. If anything, it shows that we all see different things around us that we find interesting. Please sent more.

    Robert
    Schraven_Robert@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Byron,

    I blurred the whole image and then de-blurred (for lack of a better word) the area of the bridge itself. Unsharp after that.
    This is one of those images that looks better in Bl& W than in colour.

    I looked at all the images displayed, and think this initiative is a splendid idea. If anything, it shows that we all see different things around us which we find interesting. Please sent more.

  5. #5

    oops
    Schraven_Robert@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Thank you for posting my image. All of them are great and I also think that Robert, and Barbara have a special eye for images. Leen I especially thank you for saying the Ansel Adams would have liked my image because he is my life long hero. Your photography is also absolutely inspiring.

    A special thanks again to Grant you continues to give and give to all of us.

    Julio
    Julio_Guerra@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Bob W: Were you visiting Berlin or were you stationed there?

    Jodi: Liked you're lighting in #1.

    CR
    Chris_Rankin@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Byron --
    Yes, that's the lower falls in Yellowstone from a trip we took this June -- we happened to be there early enough to catch the rainbow in the mist at the foot of the falls. There's another Yellowstone picture there, too -- Canary Spring up at Mammoth Hot Springs, which has recently become very active and overrun a stand of small trees. Have to credit my son for that picture.
    Bob Warren
    Bob_E._Warren@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Chris --
    The picture is from a 1963 trip -- I was spending a month in Heidelberg and took a weekend jaunt to West Berlin. I went through Checkpoint Charlie and spent an afternoon poking around in East Berlin. A very weird time and place that now seems like something from a dusty history book about distant civilizations.

  10. #10

    Leen, where's your enchanted forest? You create beautiful environments for your subjects.

    Julio: Wow. Ansel would be proud.

    There are already too many wonderful pictures to comment on them all. Bring on more! (Guess I ought to get off my duff and submit my own.)
    Lou_M@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Lou, this enchanted forest is in a place with a name all you folks are unable to pronounce: "Schuddebeurs".

    This is the only small piece of just only a few acres of woodland on our island. February 1953 about 2500 people perished when almost the whole southwestern part of the Netherlans was flooded by the sea in a terrible storm. Many of us are living below sea level -both my house and studio are about 10 feet below; in 1953 the water came up to the ceiling- and Schuddebeurs was one of the few parts that were just a little higher. That's why this is the only place with decent trees, older than 50 years

    The meaning of the name "Schuddebeurs" translates somewhat like "shake your purse" as this was the area where about 3 centuries ago the wealthy people from my home town Zierikzee -one of our cobbled streets is in another image- used to spend their time with hunting etc.

    I don't create beautiful environments, it is the light that makes everything beautiful. Even industrial areas can be beautiful this way.

  12. #12

    Leen,

    Thanks for your comment on my entry.

    everything beautiful.

    I really enjoy your #1. Did you wait for just the right moment to catch
    those sunrays? Or did you help out with PSE? Either way, a beautiful
    image!

    Juergen

    Juergen_D@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Leen,

    The village in the image of the villageview(!?!)is that Zierikzee?
    I like the brightness of the various colours. It reminds me of dutch landscape painters of the 17th century.

  14. #14

    wow, all of these images are really really beautiful. I can't pick my favourite. Wish i had of put more effort into searching my files for better images now. Although I do like my #1...thanks for noticing Chris...it came directly from the camera (all of them )and the result was what i had hoped for. We were standing in the woods behind our home and the sun was amazingly yellowy orangy warm and 'glowing' that afternoon....especially the way it creeped between the branches...it was a delight. I was pleased with my new Fuji that day for sure ( also pleased my child was able to stand still for a second ).

    Grant, the next time we do this i will need 6 weeks notice ;) Thanks
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    Jürgen, I have to apolgise. This image is a lie.
    I knew what these rays of light could do to the image, so I checked there could be a reason for these rays in the image. It was created with this effect in mind. Usually I try to avoid these bright spots as they distract from the real subject. The light in the other image however was real. ;-) Sometimes luck comes in.
    When covering a wedding I don't always have time enough to wait for the right light, so I with a "little help from my friends", called PE and "Mystical lighting" combined with "Mystical tint, tone and color" I can do things that else would have been impossible.

    Robert, you are offending the citizens of Zierikzee! Zierikzee as been a town for a very long time, much longer than Amsterdam and Utrecht.
    ;-)

    It is the beautiful village of Dreischor, about 4 miles away from Zierikzee, the greenest village in Europe.

  16. #16

    There is a website about Ansel Adams in case you're interested.
    www.anseladams.com
    Nice pictures but whot prices!!!

  17. #17

    Robert
    Thanks for the link on Ansel Adams. I have made a habit of going to Yosemite since the early 70's and on each trip I would buy one picture from the Ansel Adams gallery. (They are origianl contact prints from his negatives) In the early days these were $35.00 each and now they are about $135.00 each. I have them all over my home and I love his work. I was lucky enough to have been at the Christmas dinner "Bracebridge" when he was there shortly before his passing and met him and got him to sign our dinner menu.

  18. #18

    Juli, I envy you for having met the master and owning real prints. I was about to buy a 5x7 print in 1974, but the price of $600 was too much for me at the time.

  19. #19

    Leen,

    I don't think any apologies are needed! You created a beautiful image, and
    that's what counts. :)

  20. #20

    Leen, how do you like that Auto FX color toning thingy ? I know we can probably do this anyways but I'm still curious about it. I ended up printing that # 1 pic in our Nov gallery Grant posted but i didn't print it as is. I reduced the saturation but filled in some overlay color for the eyes and lips. I then used the mystical Lighting to put a slight glow ( lighting brush ) on the edge of the tree and very slightly on the edge of the lit part of her face. The print is hanging on the wall in a frame.....super cool ( much help when having a super great photo printer )!
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast