Professional Web Applications Themes

Now I can't print to the Adobe PDF printer - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

At the same time I started having problems updating Acrobat (see my post yesterday, please), my Adobe PDF printer disappeared from system preferences. I've added it back using the help>repair option, but the printer no longer works. Every time I try to print, the printer pauses, then when I restart it and try to resume the doent I get an error... Operation could not be completed Client-error-not-possible I've done a complete uninstall/reinstall of the whole Design Standard CS3 suite 3 times now, including removing my prefs and serial number (so starting from scratch), but this error, and the Acrobat updating ...

  1. #1

    Default Now I can't print to the Adobe PDF printer

    At the same time I started having problems updating Acrobat (see my post yesterday, please), my Adobe PDF printer disappeared from system preferences. I've added it back using the help>repair option, but the printer no longer works.

    Every time I try to print, the printer pauses, then when I restart it and try to resume the doent I get an error...

    Operation could not be completed
    Client-error-not-possible

    I've done a complete uninstall/reinstall of the whole Design Standard CS3 suite 3 times now, including removing my prefs and serial number (so starting from scratch), but this error, and the Acrobat updating problem, won't go away.

    Please can someone help me on these?

    Thanks, Nige
    Nigel_Jackson@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Now I can't print to the Adobe PDF printer

    Try going to Printer Utility and deleting any reference to the adobe Pdf Printer Driver.

    Then you find file anlocate all versions of PDF Printer. remove all traces of version Previous to this version.

    Now open Acrobat and got to help menu repair and replace and have it repair the Printer Driver again.

    Note: PDF Printer does not work within Acrobat nor Reader. only with other applications. (Or at least I've never been able to have it work within Acrobat/Reader.)
    pjonesCET@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I'm not sure what you mean by 'PDF Printer'.

    I've tried deleting all the adpdf8.ppd, and other adobe printing related files, and removed the printer in system preferences...then repaired/reinstalled Acrobat, but the problem remains.

    What I don't understand is this...if I've completely uninstalled the entire CS3 suite, and reinstalled from scratch, why is the printer (or update) still not working?

    Any other suggestions?

  4. #4

    I have the exact same problem as Nigel, tried the same things, and got the same result (or lack of result). I'm using Acrobat Pro 8 (latest version).
    Brett_Gaspers@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I'd glad to hear it's not just me! Unfortunately no help from either this forum, or the Apple one...so I guess we just have to treat it as a 'feature', and use the built in Mac PDF printer!

    Happy Xmas, Nige
    Nigel_Jackson@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    You can try to reset the printer subsystem. The method for doing this
    differs on the OS.

    Mike
    Michael Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks Mike, but I already tried that...made no difference!
    Nigel_Jackson@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Well, there are two things further I can think of: Archive and install
    and clean install.

    Mike
    Michael Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks again...tried the archive and install...you guessed it...made no difference. I don't have the time or inclination for a clean install as I use my machine for business every day!

    I'm resigned to using the mac os x built in save as pdf option!

  10. #10

    Try this:

    Quit all applications.

    From Finder go to File menu > Find File

    Type in AdobePDF. locate all and remove all but the latest version.

    Go to Printer Utility and remove the AdobePDF printer driver(s). Now go to acrobat 9 open and do *repair and replace*.

    Now quit and open an application such as word, excel, pages, Numbers. and try using the printer to create a PDF.
    pjonesCET@adobeforums.com Guest