Professional Web Applications Themes

NuSphere PHPed - PHP Development

This is for people looking for a good PHP editor. NuSphere is a prominent editor that a lot of people use. I think it's well designed, has a lot of features, and is truly a pro tool that is competitive with Zend in terms of design and functionality. However, if you are considering purchasing NuSphere you should be aware of some things. The procedure for purchasing NuSphere PHPed is different from most other software products. In most cases you go to the website, enter credit card, download product, and away you go. You can be up and running within minutes ...

  1. #1

    Default NuSphere PHPed

    This is for people looking for a good PHP editor. NuSphere is a
    prominent editor that a lot of people use. I think it's well designed,
    has a lot of features, and is truly a pro tool that is competitive with
    Zend in terms of design and functionality.

    However, if you are considering purchasing NuSphere you should be aware
    of some things. The procedure for purchasing NuSphere PHPed is
    different from most other software products. In most cases you go to
    the website, enter credit card, download product, and away you go. You
    can be up and running within minutes of payment. With NuSphere you
    enter credit card, then wait for an email telling you where you can
    download the software you just paid for. The email is supposed to come
    right away, but in my case it took several days. I had to write to them
    asking about it.

    After you get that email, you download PHPed, install, then you have to
    go to their website and request an activation key. Then you wait AGAIN
    for that to arrive. According to the NuSphere website they try to get
    to it within 24 hours but the "maximum time" it can take is three
    business days.

    So in other words, if you pay for PHPed on a Saturday, you may not be
    able to use it until the following Wednesday.

    Also note that the activation key is good for only one machine. If you
    want to install it on your desktop workstation and also install a copy
    on your laptop, you will have to request another activation key,
    requiring another wait of up to three business days.

    None of these extraordinary delays or restrictions are revealed until
    AFTER you have submitted payment.

    As I said PHPed is definitely a good product with a larger set of
    features than almost every other PHP editor. So if you need a
    professional tool and don't like Zend the delays and hassles may be
    worthwhile to you. But you should know what you're getting into.

    elektrophyte Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: NuSphere PHPed

    elektrophyte (com) wrote:
[...]

    If you paid by credit card, and don't think you got what was orginally
    claimed, then discuss it with the credit card company to see if they will
    reverse the charges.

    --

    This space not for rent.
    Malcolm Guest

  3. #3

    It turns out that the NuSphere PHPed license is for ONE machine only.
    Additional machine licenses are $50 each.

    elektrophyte@yahoo.com Guest

  4. #4

    On 8 Jul 2005 10:29:53 -0700, com wrote:

    It is an incredibly y activation process. Every time you
    reinstall; you need to beg off a new key. I bought a licence for work
    and an additional for home but to be honest I just don't use nusphere
    because the activation is too tedious.

    Sure it stops the crackers (or does it?) but at the expense of
    aggravation for paying customers.

    Disappointing policy
    privacy@work.com Guest