Professional Web Applications Themes

Nvidia 5500 Board - Windows Vista

Has anyone been able to get this board to work with Vista Aero Glass? When I install the Vista drivers from Nvidia's site and reboot I get a blue screen with some type of error message, but the computer reboots so fast I am unable to read it. If I install the drivers that come with the board Aero glass does not seem to work. Thanks, Norm...

  1. #1

    Default Nvidia 5500 Board

    Has anyone been able to get this board to work with Vista Aero Glass? When I
    install the Vista drivers from Nvidia's site and reboot I get a blue screen
    with some type of error message, but the computer reboots so fast I am
    unable to read it.

    If I install the drivers that come with the board Aero glass does not seem
    to work.

    Thanks,
    Norm

    Norm Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Nvidia 5500 Board

    Click Start > right click Computer > Click Properties > Click the "Advanced
    Systems Settings" link on the green pane > Click Advanced > under "Startup
    and Recovery" click "Settings" > under "System failure" > uncheck
    Automatically restart.

    You should be able to do this safe mode since you can't boot up in Real
    Mode.

    After doing this, startup in Real mode and tell us what the error messag
    says. Its possible the driver you are using is incompatible with the current
    5308 build.
    Andre
    Windows Connect | [url]http://www.windowsconnected.com[/url]
    Extended64 | [url]http://www.extended64.com[/url]
    Blog | [url]http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre[/url]
    [url]http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta[/url]

    "Norm" <NormF4newsgroups.spoof> wrote in message
    > Has anyone been able to get this board to work with Vista Aero Glass? When
    > I install the Vista drivers from Nvidia's site and reboot I get a blue
    > screen with some type of error message, but the computer reboots so fast I
    > am unable to read it.
    >
    > If I install the drivers that come with the board Aero glass does not seem
    > to work.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Norm

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Andre,

    I am currently in WinXP, but will try what you suggest, although I have
    reinstalled the old drivers so that I can get back into Vista.

    The drivers I downloaded and installed stated that they were for the 5308
    build, which is why I asked if anyone else had been able to get them to
    work.

    The Nvidia site says to remove the old software before installing the new
    drivers, but my install of Vista does not have an option for Add/Remove
    Programs and I cannot find any reference to the Nvidia software under
    installed programs.

    Norm
    "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <andred25hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Click Start > right click Computer > Click Properties > Click the
    > "Advanced Systems Settings" link on the green pane > Click Advanced >
    > under "Startup and Recovery" click "Settings" > under "System failure" >
    > uncheck Automatically restart.
    >
    > You should be able to do this safe mode since you can't boot up in Real
    > Mode.
    >
    > After doing this, startup in Real mode and tell us what the error messag
    > says. Its possible the driver you are using is incompatible with the
    > current 5308 build.
    > --
    > --
    > Andre
    > Windows Connect | [url]http://www.windowsconnected.com[/url]
    > Extended64 | [url]http://www.extended64.com[/url]
    > Blog | [url]http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre[/url]
    > [url]http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta[/url]
    >
    > "Norm" <NormF4newsgroups.spoof> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone been able to get this board to work with Vista Aero Glass?
    >> When I install the Vista drivers from Nvidia's site and reboot I get a
    >> blue screen with some type of error message, but the computer reboots so
    >> fast I am unable to read it.
    >>
    >> If I install the drivers that come with the board Aero glass does not
    >> seem to work.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Norm

    Norm Guest

  4. #4

    I reinstalled the Vista drivers and this is the message I get!

    NV4_mini.sys

    DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATI ONS

    So it is the Nvidia driver, but I wonder if I did a new install of Vista,
    without any of the other Nvidia drivers, if it might work, since they say
    these drivers are for this build.

    Norm
    > Hi Andre,
    >
    > I am currently in WinXP, but will try what you suggest, although I have
    > reinstalled the old drivers so that I can get back into Vista.
    >
    > The drivers I downloaded and installed stated that they were for the 5308
    > build, which is why I asked if anyone else had been able to get them to
    > work.
    >
    > The Nvidia site says to remove the old software before installing the new
    > drivers, but my install of Vista does not have an option for Add/Remove
    > Programs and I cannot find any reference to the Nvidia software under
    > installed programs.
    >
    > Norm
    > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <andred25hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Click Start > right click Computer > Click Properties > Click the
    >> "Advanced Systems Settings" link on the green pane > Click Advanced >
    >> under "Startup and Recovery" click "Settings" > under "System failure" >
    >> uncheck Automatically restart.
    >>
    >> You should be able to do this safe mode since you can't boot up in Real
    >> Mode.
    >>
    >> After doing this, startup in Real mode and tell us what the error messag
    >> says. Its possible the driver you are using is incompatible with the
    >> current 5308 build.
    >> --
    >> --
    >> Andre
    >> Windows Connect | [url]http://www.windowsconnected.com[/url]
    >> Extended64 | [url]http://www.extended64.com[/url]
    >> Blog | [url]http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre[/url]
    >> [url]http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta[/url]
    >>
    >> "Norm" <NormF4newsgroups.spoof> wrote in message
    >>> Has anyone been able to get this board to work with Vista Aero Glass?
    >>> When I install the Vista drivers from Nvidia's site and reboot I get a
    >>> blue screen with some type of error message, but the computer reboots so
    >>> fast I am unable to read it.
    >>>
    >>> If I install the drivers that come with the board Aero glass does not
    >>> seem to work.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Norm

    Norm Guest

  5. #5

    Im really interested in if you can ever get your card to work with aero
    because I was thinking about getting a 5500.. And if aero wont work I will
    have to look else where.. And I know that it is most likely the simple fact
    that vista is a beta and this is supposed to happen.

    --
    Matt S. (1033709)
    [url]http://www.techjunkeez.com[/url]

    "Norm" <NormF4newsgroups.spoof> wrote in message
    > Has anyone been able to get this board to work with Vista Aero Glass? When
    > I install the Vista drivers from Nvidia's site and reboot I get a blue
    > screen with some type of error message, but the computer reboots so fast I
    > am unable to read it.
    >
    > If I install the drivers that come with the board Aero glass does not seem
    > to work.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Norm

    Matt S. \(1033709\) Guest

  6. #6

    I would recommend doing a clean install also, to uninstall the nVidia driver
    that is installe with Vista 5308:
    Click Start > right click Computer > Click Properties > Hardware > Device
    Manager > select Display Adapters > expand it > select the installed driver

  7. #7

    The 5500 does work with Aero Glass - Norm's having problems with it, but it
    normally does work fine. If you're running a high screen resolution,
    however, (above 1280x1024) I would recommend getting something higher up.
    Make sure you get one with 256MB of video RAM or above for whichever you
    choose.
    "Matt S. (1033709)" <mattjcxp.net> wrote in message
    > Im really interested in if you can ever get your card to work with aero
    > because I was thinking about getting a 5500.. And if aero wont work I will
    > have to look else where.. And I know that it is most likely the simple
    > fact that vista is a beta and this is supposed to happen.
    >
    > --
    > Matt S. (1033709)
    > [url]http://www.techjunkeez.com[/url]
    > [url]http://www.hdrive.org[/url]
    >
    > "Norm" <NormF4newsgroups.spoof> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone been able to get this board to work with Vista Aero Glass?
    >> When I install the Vista drivers from Nvidia's site and reboot I get a
    >> blue screen with some type of error message, but the computer reboots so
    >> fast I am unable to read it.
    >>
    >> If I install the drivers that come with the board Aero glass does not
    >> seem to work.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Norm

    Travis King Guest

  8. #8

    I am running 800x600 so screen resolution should not be a problem.

    I tried uninstalling the driver, but Vista won't let me and updating only
    gives me the blue screen and error.

    I think I will try a clean install, possibly later today, but after the
    important stuff, like golf. :-)

    Thanks for all the help and I will update everyone on what happens with the
    new install.

    Norm
    "Travis King" <Anonymousnone.com> wrote in message
    > The 5500 does work with Aero Glass - Norm's having problems with it, but
    > it normally does work fine. If you're running a high screen resolution,
    > however, (above 1280x1024) I would recommend getting something higher up.
    > Make sure you get one with 256MB of video RAM or above for whichever you
    > choose.
    > "Matt S. (1033709)" <mattjcxp.net> wrote in message
    >> Im really interested in if you can ever get your card to work with aero
    >> because I was thinking about getting a 5500.. And if aero wont work I
    >> will have to look else where.. And I know that it is most likely the
    >> simple fact that vista is a beta and this is supposed to happen.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Matt S. (1033709)
    >> [url]http://www.techjunkeez.com[/url]
    >> [url]http://www.hdrive.org[/url]
    >>
    >> "Norm" <NormF4newsgroups.spoof> wrote in message
    >>> Has anyone been able to get this board to work with Vista Aero Glass?
    >>> When I install the Vista drivers from Nvidia's site and reboot I get a
    >>> blue screen with some type of error message, but the computer reboots so
    >>> fast I am unable to read it.
    >>>
    >>> If I install the drivers that come with the board Aero glass does not
    >>> seem to work.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Norm

    Norm Guest

  9. #9

    I think Aero Glass requires a 1024x768 screen resolution, although I'm not
    certain.
    >I am running 800x600 so screen resolution should not be a problem.
    >
    > I tried uninstalling the driver, but Vista won't let me and updating only
    > gives me the blue screen and error.
    >
    > I think I will try a clean install, possibly later today, but after the
    > important stuff, like golf. :-)
    >
    > Thanks for all the help and I will update everyone on what happens with
    > the new install.
    >
    > Norm
    > "Travis King" <Anonymousnone.com> wrote in message
    >> The 5500 does work with Aero Glass - Norm's having problems with it, but
    >> it normally does work fine. If you're running a high screen resolution,
    >> however, (above 1280x1024) I would recommend getting something higher up.
    >> Make sure you get one with 256MB of video RAM or above for whichever you
    >> choose.
    >> "Matt S. (1033709)" <mattjcxp.net> wrote in message
    >>> Im really interested in if you can ever get your card to work with aero
    >>> because I was thinking about getting a 5500.. And if aero wont work I
    >>> will have to look else where.. And I know that it is most likely the
    >>> simple fact that vista is a beta and this is supposed to happen.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Matt S. (1033709)
    >>> [url]http://www.techjunkeez.com[/url]
    >>> [url]http://www.hdrive.org[/url]

    Travis King Guest

  10. #10

    I think it does... I've tried lower, and I've tried the maximum 1280x1024
    and no luck with that :o( Could well be a video card thing?

    --
    Zack Whittaker
    ZackNET Enterprises: [url]www.zacknet.co.uk[/url]

    --- Original message follows ---
    >I think Aero Glass requires a 1024x768 screen resolution, although I'm not
    >certain.
    > "Norm" <NormF4newsgroups.spoof> wrote in message
    >>I am running 800x600 so screen resolution should not be a problem.
    >>
    >> I tried uninstalling the driver, but Vista won't let me and updating only
    >> gives me the blue screen and error.
    >>
    >> I think I will try a clean install, possibly later today, but after the
    >> important stuff, like golf. :-)
    >>
    >> Thanks for all the help and I will update everyone on what happens with
    >> the new install.
    >>
    >> Norm
    >> "Travis King" <Anonymousnone.com> wrote in message
    >>> The 5500 does work with Aero Glass - Norm's having problems with it, but
    >>> it normally does work fine. If you're running a high screen resolution,
    >>> however, (above 1280x1024) I would recommend getting something higher
    >>> up. Make sure you get one with 256MB of video RAM or above for whichever
    >>> you choose.

    Zack Whittaker \(R2 Mentor\) Guest

  11. #11

    Matt, Aero Glass does work with the GeForce 5500 board. Windows found the
    board and installed native drivers that seemed to work quite well. I also
    installed the Beta driver from Nvidia and it is working well also.

    One warning though, do not install the software that comes with the board on
    Vista as there does not seem to be anyway to uninstall it and the beta
    drivers will not work with that software installed.

    I am running 800x600 resolution and Aero Glass appears to be working quite
    well.

    Thanks to all for the help.

    Norm

    Norm Guest

  12. #12

    Sorry for the late reply.. But thanks for the help.. Hopefully you'll see
    this..

    And we are talking about the old pci version not agp or PCIe..?

    --
    Matt S. (1033709)
    http://www.techjunkeez.com
    "Norm" <spoof> wrote in message