Professional Web Applications Themes

O.T. For Barbara (both of them) and Beth - Adobe Photoshop Elements

This week's class contained an exercise to create a Jaguar like fur. Now, there was only one thing to do with the texutre... [url]http://www.pbase.com/image/19931717[/url] The rest of the lesson is there : [url]http://www.pbase.com/carbone/elements2_lesson5[/url] Ray :)...

  1. #1

    Default O.T. For Barbara (both of them) and Beth

    This week's class contained an exercise to create a Jaguar like fur.
    Now, there was only one thing to do with the texutre...

    [url]http://www.pbase.com/image/19931717[/url]

    The rest of the lesson is there :

    [url]http://www.pbase.com/carbone/elements2_lesson5[/url]

    Ray :)

    Ray Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: O.T. For Barbara (both of them) and Beth

    Yes! I love it. Nice work, Ray. Should Macs still be running Jaguar when you get one, you'll love the option of the Jaguar fur desktop pattern! It's pretty distracting to have on there all the time but fun to pull up every once in a while. People walking by the monitor do a double take! Panther fur would be pretty dull, huh?
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    Panther fur would be pretty dull, huh?

    Yes, but think what a challenge that would be, Ray. We've all been wondering if Panther will come with a black fur desktop option.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  4. #4

    Ray,

    I'm not Beth, Barb, or Barbara, I'm not even female, but I like what you did. I'll get there eventually.

    Carl
    carl sutherland Guest

  5. #5

    Yes, Carl, but you're now part of the "Mac family"!
    Beth Haney Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks Carl! I can't remember all the names of Mac owner around here ;)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  7. #7

    It is, Ray. Panther <http://www.apple.com/macosx/panther> is the next one. And apple has registered lynx, tiger, etc. so the cats may keep coming for a while.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  8. #8

    Ray, what's a "VCR"?? Is that the old thing I used to have around here to
    watch movies played through my TV - until DVD came along??

    :-)

    Chuck

    p.s. I sure could use a machine to convert VHS movies to DVD....

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  9. #9

    Panther's finder looks a lot like other file management (Windows and SCO
    Unix) !!! Thanks Barbara!

    Ray
    "why can't money grow on trees ?" ;)

    Ray Guest

  10. #10

    Ray, that doesn't sound like a law that benefits consumers...

    :-(

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  11. #11

    Before that, it was 30 days! But I'll admit, 90 days is not a long time.

    Ray Guest

  12. #12

    to transfer them onto DVDs. That's where the Mac will come in handy

    Well, as much as I think everyone should have a mac, Ray, I don't want to mislead you there. You need some way to make the og>digital conversion, like a camcorder or a Dazzle bridge or something. The mac is great for burning the dvds, but the expensive part is getting the video in.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  13. #13

    I'm sure there must be at least one capture card for the Mac (PowerMac) or a
    USB/Firewire device to do the job? These things are pretty standard for the
    PC world.

    Ray Guest

  14. #14

    Ehh... I have a camcorder with Firewire! But I fail to see how this could
    help... I will watch the movies through the input jacks of the camcorder,
    then reroute the output to the mac ? Or record everything on MiniDV tape
    and output this to the Mac, firewirely (humm... new adverd!)

    Last minute : Thunder is striking here. If I disapear, it's gonna be
    because of that. With the humidity level we have, we could be facing a
    major storm!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  15. #15

    Ray, you might want to read this <http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?50.effc4c3/0>, They thrash the subject out pretty thoroughly, including prices. But yes, the miniDv tape is probably the most popular method.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  16. #16

    Ray, very nice Jag fur!

    Barbara and I are still users of the original OS X. I was inspired to make this <http://home.earthlink.net/~imacbarb/osx.html> months ago. It now symbolizes my files flying out of my stuffed hard drive, although with the new external drive up and running things should be a bit smoother. Time to unload and defrag...

    :-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  17. #17

    How's the new drive, Barb?
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  18. #18

    Barb, that's wonderfull! Congratulations then!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  19. #19

    Thanks again Ray!

    :-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  20. #20

    Barbara, one more question if I may. The external drive comes on when I wake up my iMac, so I've unplugged the firewire cable to disable it for now. The drive also has an on/off button...doesn't even need one. Do you know if there is any place in the OS that I can to set this external drive to come on by my choice?

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast