Professional Web Applications Themes

O.T. New pictures uploaded - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi group! I shot some skies today. Some of them I shot from the window of my office, on the 19th floor. It gives those pictures a more dramatic view, I think... Take a look :) http://www.pbase.com/carbone/mics Ray...

Sponsored Links

Default O.T. New pictures uploaded

Hi group!

I shot some skies today. Some of them I shot from the window of my office, on the 19th floor. It
    gives those pictures a more dramatic view, I think... Take a look :)

http://www.pbase.com/carbone/mics

Ray

Sponsored Links
    Ray Guest

Default Re: O.T. New pictures uploaded

Hi Ray...What wonderful dramatic skies. They are great, glad you shared them with us. Dorothy
    Do_Brinkmann@adobeforums.com Guest

Thanks! I don't usually bring the camera in my lunch box, but I had some work to do and since it
    was there, I took the time to enjoy the moment. My colleagues looked at me in a strange way, though
    ;-)

Ray

Ray Guest

Nice photos. I'm curious about which city you work.

JoAnn
    "Ray" <com> wrote in message
    news:webx.la2eafNXanI... 
    office, on the 19th floor. It 

JoAnn_Amerson@adobeforums.com Guest

Your sky pictures are wonderful Ray. Iíve been taking some cloud formation pictures myself. Clouds absolutely fascinate me and I like sky gazing on days where you see the sun lighting up the clouds from behind. Of course, I really donít know anything about taking pictures other than to point and click. I am really an amateur but Iím learning a lot from this forum. Your vacation pictures were wonderful too.
    I took these pictures before I joined the forum (the forum now inspires me to get more creative with my photographs) if you would like to see them you can check them out here as I uploaded them for some of my friends to view. (no cloud pictures in this lot)
    <http://www.ontariobusinessgroup.com/Ottawa>

beth
    bethC@adobeforums.com Guest

I love the pictures of the clouds, Ray. Beautiful job. I love clouds, too, but we seldom get them in Arizona.

When we do, I never can resist shooting them. You need to be quick, don't you? They can change before you get the camera from its case!

Thanks for sharing,

Lorace
    Lorace_Graham@adobeforums.com Guest

I work in Montreal (Canada) JoAnn.

Ray Guest

Thank you Lorace :)

Ray Guest

Thank you Beth. I took a quick look at your pictures, but I have limited time this morning (got to
    leave for work in 45 minutes). I'll look at them again tonight.

Ray

Ray Guest

beth,

Your pictures are good. (obvious you know what you are doing)

Pete

Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

Thanks Pete! In fact, I don't ;-) I mean, I'm learning. I'm taking photography lessons and these
    serves me as practice shots. Some are good (1%) some are bad (99%)... Lucky for me I'm shooting
    digital!

Ray

Ray Guest

Hi Ray and Beth, Great pictures! I love the sky pictures too. I took the dog on her morning walk just before sunrise, and what a great pink + orange sky greeted us. The clouds looked as if they were painted into the sky!
    I didn't have the camera with me though.
    Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

Thanks Pete, I hear some techie talk about cameras and everything on the forum and I really feel there is so much to learn. I have an older camera, a Kodak DC290. The newer cameras seem to do so much more, but so far I am happy with this camera.

Jane, thank you. The skies and nature are so beautiful in the fall I hope you get a chance to take some pictures and share them with us.

beth
    bethC@adobeforums.com Guest

I have an older camera, a Kodak DC290.

Beth,

I've got that same camera and it's a good one. I've taken many great photo's with it. I am in the market for a new one though. I want more mega pixels and faster shutter responce. Also, the processing time between photo's is starting to drive me crazy!

Joe
    Joe_Henry1000@adobeforums.com Guest

Joe, that lag between pressing the shutter and having it take the picture is
    the bane of most digital camera owners' existence; might be worthy of a
    thread to see if anyone has found digitals (other than SLR's) that are
    better in this category.

Chuck

Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

Good idea Chuck! Why don't you start one? ;-) My biggest gripe with my old Kodak right now though is when I go to take a couple or three pictures right in a row, I literally can't take anymore for about 2 minutes. I'm going to assume that camera's these days do a better job with this.

Joe

Joe, I just might do that! But the delay you're describing is significantly
    more than what I've experienced with a variety of Canon models.

Chuck,

It's kind of funny but when I first got the camera 2 years ago (it was end of lifing when I bought it), the processing delay didn't bother me. I just figured it was par for the digital camera course. Now I know better and am really salivating for a speedier camera. Plus, I want one that'll handle different ISO speeds. I think my DC290 maxes out at 100.

Joe

Joe, I really don't have much experience with the higher ISO's, although I
    think my Canon G2 can do 400. The tradeoff for most cameras is a noticeable
    increase in noise, which makes editing more challenging. Ray Robillard has
    had some success with higher ISO shots (up to 800, I believe) with his Canon
    10D, but that's another area where feedback from the forum's assembled
    multitude would be of value before you make the big move to new equipment.

The 10D is really not to be compared with P&S cameras, it's in a class of its own. 800 ISO pictures
    I shot with : http://www.pbase.com/image/21539179/large
    http://www.pbase.com/image/21539180

In fact, the current Challenge is an 800 ISO picture. Not bad...

I had a Canon Powershot A20 before that, and I could take more than 3 pictures in a row, but I can't
    remember the exact number. Turning off the "picture preview" helped to gain more speed. But
    pictures were like 0.80 seconds apart. Nothing to show a full motion. That camera didn't have any
    ISO rating I could specify, though.

My friend has a Powershot A70 and at ISO 400, noise is really noticeable. Not too badly, but don't
    think of printing an 8 x 10, it'll show up really big time. 4 x 6 is manageable.

Ray

Ray Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast