Professional Web Applications Themes

O.T. New pictures uploaded - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi group! I shot some skies today. Some of them I shot from the window of my office, on the 19th floor. It gives those pictures a more dramatic view, I think... Take a look :) http://www.pbase.com/carbone/mics Ray...

  1. #1

    Default O.T. New pictures uploaded

    Hi group!

    I shot some skies today. Some of them I shot from the window of my office, on the 19th floor. It
    gives those pictures a more dramatic view, I think... Take a look :)

    http://www.pbase.com/carbone/mics

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: O.T. New pictures uploaded

    Hi Ray...What wonderful dramatic skies. They are great, glad you shared them with us. Dorothy
    Do_Brinkmann@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks! I don't usually bring the camera in my lunch box, but I had some work to do and since it
    was there, I took the time to enjoy the moment. My colleagues looked at me in a strange way, though
    ;-)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  4. #4

    Nice photos. I'm curious about which city you work.

    JoAnn
    "Ray" <com> wrote in message
    office, on the 19th floor. It

    JoAnn_Amerson@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Your sky pictures are wonderful Ray. Iíve been taking some cloud formation pictures myself. Clouds absolutely fascinate me and I like sky gazing on days where you see the sun lighting up the clouds from behind. Of course, I really donít know anything about taking pictures other than to point and click. I am really an amateur but Iím learning a lot from this forum. Your vacation pictures were wonderful too.
    I took these pictures before I joined the forum (the forum now inspires me to get more creative with my photographs) if you would like to see them you can check them out here as I uploaded them for some of my friends to view. (no cloud pictures in this lot)
    <http://www.ontariobusinessgroup.com/Ottawa>

    beth
    bethC@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I love the pictures of the clouds, Ray. Beautiful job. I love clouds, too, but we seldom get them in Arizona.

    When we do, I never can resist shooting them. You need to be quick, don't you? They can change before you get the camera from its case!

    Thanks for sharing,

    Lorace
    Lorace_Graham@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    I work in Montreal (Canada) JoAnn.

    Ray Guest

  8. #8

    Thank you Lorace :)

    Ray Guest

  9. #9

    Thank you Beth. I took a quick look at your pictures, but I have limited time this morning (got to
    leave for work in 45 minutes). I'll look at them again tonight.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  10. #10

    beth,

    Your pictures are good. (obvious you know what you are doing)

    Pete

    Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Thanks Pete! In fact, I don't ;-) I mean, I'm learning. I'm taking photography lessons and these
    serves me as practice shots. Some are good (1%) some are bad (99%)... Lucky for me I'm shooting
    digital!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  12. #12

    Hi Ray and Beth, Great pictures! I love the sky pictures too. I took the dog on her morning walk just before sunrise, and what a great pink + orange sky greeted us. The clouds looked as if they were painted into the sky!
    I didn't have the camera with me though.
    Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Thanks Pete, I hear some techie talk about cameras and everything on the forum and I really feel there is so much to learn. I have an older camera, a Kodak DC290. The newer cameras seem to do so much more, but so far I am happy with this camera.

    Jane, thank you. The skies and nature are so beautiful in the fall I hope you get a chance to take some pictures and share them with us.

  14. #14

    I have an older camera, a Kodak DC290.

    Beth,

    I've got that same camera and it's a good one. I've taken many great photo's with it. I am in the market for a new one though. I want more mega pixels and faster shutter responce. Also, the processing time between photo's is starting to drive me crazy!

    Joe
    Joe_Henry1000@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    Joe, that lag between pressing the shutter and having it take the picture is
    the bane of most digital camera owners' existence; might be worthy of a
    thread to see if anyone has found digitals (other than SLR's) that are
    better in this category.

    Chuck

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Good idea Chuck! Why don't you start one? ;-) My biggest gripe with my old Kodak right now though is when I go to take a couple or three pictures right in a row, I literally can't take anymore for about 2 minutes. I'm going to assume that camera's these days do a better job with this.

  17. #17

    Joe, I just might do that! But the delay you're describing is significantly
    more than what I've experienced with a variety of Canon models.

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    Chuck,

    It's kind of funny but when I first got the camera 2 years ago (it was end of lifing when I bought it), the processing delay didn't bother me. I just figured it was par for the digital camera course. Now I know better and am really salivating for a speedier camera. Plus, I want one that'll handle different ISO speeds. I think my DC290 maxes out at 100.

  19. #19

    Joe, I really don't have much experience with the higher ISO's, although I
    think my Canon G2 can do 400. The tradeoff for most cameras is a noticeable
    increase in noise, which makes editing more challenging. Ray Robillard has
    had some success with higher ISO shots (up to 800, I believe) with his Canon
    10D, but that's another area where feedback from the forum's assembled
    multitude would be of value before you make the big move to new equipment.

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    The 10D is really not to be compared with P&S cameras, it's in a class of its own. 800 ISO pictures
    I shot with : http://www.pbase.com/image/21539179/large
    http://www.pbase.com/image/21539180

    In fact, the current Challenge is an 800 ISO picture. Not bad...

    I had a Canon Powershot A20 before that, and I could take more than 3 pictures in a row, but I can't
    remember the exact number. Turning off the "picture preview" helped to gain more speed. But
    pictures were like 0.80 seconds apart. Nothing to show a full motion. That camera didn't have any
    ISO rating I could specify, though.

    My friend has a Powershot A70 and at ISO 400, noise is really noticeable. Not too badly, but don't
    think of printing an 8 x 10, it'll show up really big time. 4 x 6 is manageable.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast