Professional Web Applications Themes

O.T. Pbase gallery owners - be carefull... - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi all, For all of us who have a Pbase gallery, here's a picture of a comment I just received from a user / viewer : http://www.pbase.com/image/23484220 This is to warn you to either turn off posting on your Pbase account or to check your galleries regularly. Ray...

  1. #1

    Default O.T. Pbase gallery owners - be carefull...

    Hi all,

    For all of us who have a Pbase gallery, here's a picture of a comment I just received from a user /
    viewer :

    http://www.pbase.com/image/23484220

    This is to warn you to either turn off posting on your Pbase account or to check your galleries
    regularly.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: O.T. Pbase gallery owners - be carefull...

    Hum, I'm not clear on this ;)
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Ray, I've never had a bad one except for one sort of jealous remark for a landscape picture. You can delete all the comments that you don't want, I did delete this only one. Your pictures are awesome, and this comment is only from a person who cant deal with talent beyond his.
    I wouldn't pay much attention to this type of comment, they are just people who have no creative abilities and are only cruising Pbase.com to criticize. Just ignore and delete.

    Pbase is so big that there are bound to be some abusers, but we can avoid them by deleting comments, and only giving our links to our classmates and friends.
    I love pbase, and all we have to do is ignore the stupid stuff.
    If I didn't have pbase , I would have to do a web site! I don't think I am up to that yet,,,,,,
    Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks Jane. I'm considering turning the commenting off...

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  5. #5

    Ray,

    That is very odd that you would get feedback like that. Guess shutting
    that off is probably a good idea even though it probably was nice to have a
    place to hear valid comments.

    Sorry this happened to you but you know that there are AH's everywhere.

    Pete

    Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Sorry to hear that Ray. I got an off the wall comment several
    weeks ago and turned off comments for a few days. After turning
    it back on the previous comments less the one I deleted were
    still there and no trouble since. Good luck.

    --
    Have A Nice Day,
    jwh :-)

    jhjl1@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Ray,

    I'm sorry you had to be the recipient of this kind of attack. I think these kind of comments are unusual for pbase, but certainly not unheard of. You can disable the comments on pbase.
    Mark_Reibman@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks all for your comments, but I was really doing this to warn users of Pbase. Don't worry, I'm
    really bullet proof against nasty comments :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  9. #9

    Cheez Ray! What a bummer, but don't let that $$H... get you down.

    Shan
    Shan_Ko@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Ray

    Don't let it get to you. For every there is in the world there are
    hundreds of nice people.

    Grant

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Actually the purpose of the post is that Ray is more concerned about us then himself.
    Mark_Reibman@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Grant : You're absolutely right. And they're all are here ;-)

    Mark : In fact, I am. This isn't a very technical group (as opposed to Photoshop, for example).
    So, sometimes, we meet people who are totally unaware of these sort of things. So I thought it
    would serve this community good to let them know what some individuals are doing to have fun... (in
    a distorted sort of way, of course)

    Ray Guest

  13. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick_Smith@adobeforums.com Guest
    Moderated Post

  14. #14

    Ray, i'm sorry, i did not realize that comment was directed to you. I thought some idiot just posted it for everyone to look at for everyone who has a pbase account. I did not mean to take it so lightly...didn't realize someone had sent you the message personally.
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    Trolls are truly sad people. They have nothing better to do but insult and ridicule others from the safety and anonymity of the Internet.

    I like your stuff Ray. :-)

    Joe
    Joe_Henry1000@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Jane,
    Re your comment about the links for friends and classmates only-
    That only works if you uncheck the galleries viewable to anybody. When you updated your level III gallery it showed up in the recent galleries listing. That's how I knew the dog's name in your Challenge 41 entry.

    CR
    Chris_Rankin@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Hi Chris, I only have one gallery that is hidden, and it is all the background images that I hope to use on my web site.
    In the 2 years I have been using pbase, I have only had one nasty comment, and it was on a sort of landscape shot with a sunset in the background. I just figured the guy who commented, was jealous, and deleted his comment and never thought of it again till Ray showed us the comment he got.
    I wouldn't bother to hide my albums, I want them out there for people to see easily.
    For my lessons, we have the private Yahoo forum, so our homework can be seen only by our classmates and instructor. Then I move some of the better ones over to pbase later on.

    You know, I still haven't done my web page! Pbase does all I really need, as my site would mostly be photo albums anyway. I do have many more on Mac.com and Clubphoto.com and Shutterfly and so forth.
    But it really would be fun to do my very own site someday, I did buy Adobe GoLive 6 so I really don't have an excuse not to start, do I.

  18. #18

    Jane,
    I've only had one bad comment, and it was similar to Ray's : full of mis-spellings and bad grammer. Some people get their jollies from being a troll or flame baiter,and while I begrudge the time(tiny as it is)that it takes to delete it, they're not even worth responding to.
    Like you, Pbase does everything I need it to do, although I'd like to have a sitelike Bob W.'s someday. If you haven't seen it yet, check out his retrospective thread. Matbe it will inspire you to take the plunge.

  19. #19

    Oh I did see it and it sure is wonderful. I wonder what he used to make it, I hope it was GoLive.
    I did make one page by hand but I am not very good at HTML, it came out OK but not great.
    Netscape has Composer which I used for another page, but I think that GoLive or Freeway is the way for me to go. Maybe that will be my next project.
    Inspiration, that is what I always find right here.

  20. #20

    I tried to access the link but all I get is

    Bad Image Reference
    The Image ID specified in the URL does not exist. It was probably deleted, but verify the URL.

    Has it been deleted?

    Wendy
    Wendy_E_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest