Professional Web Applications Themes

O.T. Picture gallery - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Ray, you don't have to apologise at all. Sometimes I'm a little old fashioned and I like it. ;-) Probably that's why I love to be in the UK. (Paul, no offense) Moreover, here in Holland we are usually rather straight forward, sometimes we embarass people from abroad without noticing, so I can not just only give but take as well. :-)) And, compared to some in the forum, I'm getting old too(55). But I feel young at heart and that's what matters to me. Although I personally dislike cities (I'm a countryside lover) I suppose two or three days ...

  1. #21

    Default Re: O.T. Picture gallery

    Ray, you don't have to apologise at all.
    Sometimes I'm a little old fashioned and I like it. ;-)
    Probably that's why I love to be in the UK. (Paul, no offense)
    Moreover, here in Holland we are usually rather straight forward, sometimes we embarass people from abroad without noticing, so I can not just only give but take as well. :-))

    And, compared to some in the forum, I'm getting old too(55). But I feel young at heart and that's what matters to me.

    Although I personally dislike cities (I'm a countryside lover) I suppose two or three days in London will be too short too. Probably the year after you will be travelling to Amsterdam, Copenhagen or Berlin and have to spend a few days in London as well. ;-)

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  2. #22

    The year after might just be Amsterdam or Austria. Australia is also one of
    our top destination, but I still have to find something to do in a plane,
    siting for 13 hours seems like an eternity :)

    Ray Guest

  3. #23

    RAY,
    Another nice visit to another beautiful set of pictures. I paticularly like # 3723. The clouds formed around the tree and the water adds so much interest...what, as am amature, I'd call excellent 'composition'.
    Marty
    Marty Landolt Guest

  4. #24

    Ray

    During long flights, doing a few Photoshop Elememts challenges might
    pass the time. I have also found reading computer books passes the time.
    We had a couple of long flights; one from Vancouver to Nairobi via
    London and another from Vancouver to the Cook Islands via Los Angeles.

    Dave

    Dave Hamer Guest

  5. #25

    I looked at the tree, it was lightly inclined, like "posing" for me.
    Couldn't resist!

    Thanks Marty, I had a rough day at work and your comment just cheered me up
    :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  6. #26

    Well, Dave, I don't know if a computer book will help me. And as for a
    laptop, mine lasts only 3 hours on batteries. Unless I could get a new
    laptop, an iBook :)

    As for reading computer books, it makes me want to jump right at the
    computer and start playing with it! The longest I've been on an airplane is
    when we went to Paris last year. It took just a little over 6 hours to get
    there. I'm not affraid of planes, but I'm not comfortable in closed spaces.
    After 2 hours, I already had enough of being sitting constantly. But
    there's not much you can do on a plane.

    Still, a laptop will probably be my travelling companion next time, because
    the real one snores and sleep like a baby in any planes! ;)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  7. #27

    Ray

    I used to like traveling by train because you could get up regularly and
    walk thru the cars and maybe even stop to talk to people. In the air,
    they certainly don't encourage such behaviour and the isles are only
    wide enough for the food and beverage carts. My wife is able to sleep on
    long flights but I cannot. Laptops, instructional tapes and good books
    are the only things left to do. On our flight to Nairobi, we purposely
    booked an overnight stopover in London to break up the flight. We were
    awakened during the night by fire alarms in the hotel and got very
    little sleep.

    I find my background in teaching Photoshop and now Elements at our
    Computer User Group help me to answer questions rather than to be simply
    rude. And yes, lots of times the questions are very much off topic and
    some expect you to be a resource on almost everything. I enjoy it though.

    Dave

    Dave Hamer Guest

  8. #28

    Dave,

    When I was in college, I was also teaching Logo (the programming language
    for children) to a mixed class of students (from 8 to 16). It was so much
    fun!
    And at my previous job, I was also the "training authority" for IBM cash
    registers and computers in general (from Windows 95 to Office, and OS/2,
    Lotus, etc.). This also was much fun! Every once in a while, someone would
    come up with an off-topic question, but always, I made room for these
    interesting discussion in my teaching schedule. This brings a pause, well
    deserved, when teaching something very difficult to master.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  9. #29

    Leen

    No offense taken

    The good thing about living here is that being old-fashioned, a little mad (or eccentric) and having a wicked sense of humour are all considered normal.
    It is these traits that everybody else seems to associate with being English anyway.
    (The good ones)

    Paul
    Paul L UK Guest

  10. #30

    Paul, that's exactly why I feel like coming home when I arrive in the UK. Just only a few weeks and I 'll be there again for a few days. (digital wedding seminar in Milton Keynes)

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  11. #31

    Thank you Jane!

    I'll try to bring a laptop, if I can. Some good games, and perhaps,
    Photoshop Elements and a small Cam (I won't make fun of anyone on the
    plane..!!) :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12