Professional Web Applications Themes

O.T. Picture gallery - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Ray Those class project pictures are excellent. The cube; tell me about the cube? And I am not being critical but just an observation; For a guy that don't like water, every picture but one is primarily water! (I am counting dark clouds in there because they look like they are full of water:) Pete...

  1. #1

    Default Re: O.T. Picture gallery

    Ray

    Those class project pictures are excellent. The cube; tell me about the
    cube?

    And I am not being critical but just an observation; For a guy that don't
    like water, every picture but one is primarily water! (I am counting dark
    clouds in there because they look like they are full of water:)

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  2. #2

    Ray, it's great to see the Laurentians again! I was there in the early
    1960's with my parents; learned to ski at Gray Rocks Inn at St. Jovite!

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  3. #3

    Chuck, I used to live there myself, 7 years ago, before I move to Montreal.
    And the entire region has changed a lot in only that small time. That's
    incredible!

    Ray Guest

  4. #4

    I've just uploaded a Photomerge montage I done a few moments ago. It's at
    the same address : [url]http://www.pbase.com/carbone/elements2_lesson3[/url]

    I removed the truck near the barn, and use some "creative" techniques to
    remove the blending at the bottom of the images, near the middle. All this
    turned out quite good I believe! Take a look at the last six pictures, if
    you want to see it.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  5. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  6. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Ray Guest
    Moderated Post

  7. #7

    Ray,

    Thanx for bringing back the memories of the Laurentians. I was last
    there in the late 50's.

    Dave

    Dave Hamer Guest

  8. #8

    Leen,

    What is considered the horizon line when shooting trees? The base of the
    trees or the top? I did not realize my horizon line was right flush in the
    middle until you pointed it out!

    Thanks,

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  9. #9

    Dave, well maybe it's time you get back here and revisit this nice region.
    It has changed a lot! :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  10. #10

    Paul, I've sent you an e-mail :)

    Ray
    Raymond Robillard Guest

  11. #11

    Ray, that looks like a real fun class and I'm envious ! Great work !
    Jodi Frye Guest

  12. #12

    Ray, the horizon line is where you (the viewer) expect it to be. ;-)
    Never mind any trees, buildings etc.

    Hope I didnot offend you with my comments, but you folks are helping me so much when it comes to digital imaging, I hope I might be able to contribute a few cents in what I know best: photography.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  13. #13

    Ray

    I was last back that way, the year of the great ice storm. Had to go to
    Ottawa for a week and took the opportunity to drive down to Kingston for
    a couple of days. I don't miss the summer humidity.

    Dave

    Dave Hamer Guest

  14. #14

    Well Dave, we can't have it all :) Humidity is a fact we learn to live
    with.

    Ray Guest

  15. #15

    You should Jodi, it's really fun! This class ignites my imagination is so
    many ways!

    Ray Guest

  16. #16

    Leen, you didn't offend me the least, believe me! I take critic very
    easily. I've learned, a long time ago, that what one sees in a picture is
    one way to look at it. In some cases, not the best or not what the author
    had in mind. In this case, I agree with you that horizon line is in the
    middle. However, I like the look it has, something like "floating in the
    air". I can't explain it otherwise. But, when I looked at the other
    pictures I took that day, the 1/3 + 2/3 rule has been respected mostly :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  17. #17

    A long time ago when I was first starting to paint, my 'mommy' said ' never cut a picture in half ! '. I've always remembered this and followed this rule with every aspect of design including photography. Same as skirts cut off at the knee should be banned !
    Jodi Frye Guest

  18. #18

    Jodi, Mom was right. As usual.
    I don't know anything about skirts. Do have my opinion though.

    I do know about baseball caps: when worn they should have the peak facing the front!

    Leen

    (Who used to be a promising curve ball pitcher but never fulfilled this promise)
    Leen Koper Guest

  19. #19

    Oops... I guess I won't be posting a picture of me, driving my Honda with my
    baseball cap facing... south :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  20. #20

    Ray, Not old fashioned? Did you mean just Old?

    (That's a joke Ray! :)

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast