Professional Web Applications Themes

O.T. Vacation pictures - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Here are the best of my vacation pictures : [url]http://www.pbase.com/carbone/new_brunswick__pei[/url] Enjoy! Ray...

  1. #1

    Default O.T. Vacation pictures

    Here are the best of my vacation pictures :

    [url]http://www.pbase.com/carbone/new_brunswick__pei[/url]

    Enjoy!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: O.T. Vacation pictures

    Gorgeous, Ray!! Thank you for posting them. I've just gotta get there.
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    Ray, I love your image 4208.
    It displays so much quietness and peace of mind, I would love to be there, just sitting, chewing a straw and spending my time in idleness..., just only concentrating on nothing that seemed important before.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  4. #4

    Ray, wonderful photos!! Thanks for sharing with us!

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  5. #5

    Beth and Chuck: Thanks :)

    Chuck : I've used the "Save As.." instead of "Save for web", in order for you to see the EXIF data.
    You once said that you liked it when people let this information available.

    Leen : I did learn a few things that you told me :) There were moments when I looked at the
    scenery, and did nothing then breath for long minutes. Observing, and "feeling" the place. New
    Brunswick as much to offer for artists. Next year, we'll spend 10 days instead of just 5. I should
    be able to get back some more beautifull pictures.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  6. #6

    Ray, now I'm homesick :( Not that I was born in PEI or NB but we sure did visit there alot when i was growing up. Great memories of N.S. as well. Little brother and myself swam with the jelly fish...we called them 'ignoramases'...they were the monsters and we didn't let them get us ! Wow, I want to cry. Life is great.
    JodiFrye Guest

  7. #7

    Jodi, being of French origin, I felt connected, like if Acadia was a lost continent. I felt a great
    sadness when I walk along the shores, and remembered what was done to the citizens of New Brunswick
    when the English decided it was time to get rid of them.

    It's history now.

    Ray Guest

  8. #8

    Ray, thanks for the tip on saving as to preserve EXIF data - I didn't know
    that could be done. Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  9. #9

    Ray, of course you know of the migration of the Acadians to Louisiana in the
    southern US some centuries ago....they intermarried with the people already
    there and became "Cajuns". Fantastic dialect that they speak!

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  10. #10

    Ray,

    Thanks for posting those beautiful pictures. I really like the sunsets,
    especially #4126.

    Juergen

    Juergen D Guest

  11. #11

    Chuck, not just only the dialect. It's the blues. ;-)
    I love that Cajun music!

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  12. #12

    Of course I knew it. But they didn't do so willingly, they were forced to. That's the sad part.
    And, instead of sending them to the province of Québec, where there were already several French
    speaking citizen, they sent them in the other colonies. They feared that a too great number of
    French people would end up in a revolution.

    The Acadians of Canada now speak both French and English in the same time, but I believe it's
    different from Cajun. I had a rough time understanding a lady at a local Tim Horton (coffee /
    donuts / sandwich shop). She would graciously switch from French to Enligh and vice versa within
    the same sentence. I was like... "ehhh.. what did you say?" At the end, I received a chicken salad
    sandwich on a big whole weat bread (the ones I can't eat easily because of my braces), whereas I had
    ordered a ham salad on white sliced bread (regular) sandwich. A soup was added, and I did not even
    ordered it ;-)

    Tastes good though. Rick had 1 and 1/2 sandwich, on that particular dinner (I couldn't eat it).

    Life's little joy ;-)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  13. #13

    Leen, as they say in New Orleans, "You got dat right!"

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  14. #14

    Juergen, thanks :-) It's a pitty I couldn't shoot what was coming only minutes later. The sky was
    cizored (sizored.. cisored?) with orange / red stripes over blue / dark grey clouds, showing a bit
    of yellow. Unfortunately, on the highway, there's not always room to stop and shoot a picture.
    Only later that evening, while my friend was driving, did I re-read the user's manual of my camera
    and learned I could have actually shot it using the Sport mode of my cam... !

    I tried it later and it works flawlessly! The camera will switch to ISO 400 (or 800), and permits
    objects to be frozen even when shooting from a moving car, running at 125Kph (75Mph). It takes a
    rapid focussing lense (which I have) and it's very easy. I learned to anticipate "wholes in trees"
    to get a perfect view at some distant barns or objects 1.5 Km (1 mi) from the road!

    Photography never ceases to amaze me ;-)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  15. #15

    Lenn, and the Cajun food! Chicken à la Cajun is just delicious!

    (unless you can't get to be understood and receive Fettucinnis Alfredo, equally good..!)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  16. #16

    I'm sure, our teenagers will come up with "You got dot right" (with the Internet being the center of
    their lives...)

    ;-)

    Ray Guest

  17. #17

    Ray, very good.....you are now into idiomatic English and puns....!!

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  18. #18

    Ray,

    I think with the help of Elements you can put some more colors into it. I
    would definitely give that a try.

    Juergen

    Juergen D Guest

  19. #19

    Ray, here's a glossary of Cajun 'french/english' for you...

    [url]http://www.artsci.lsu.edu/fai/Cajun/glossary.html[/url]

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  20. #20

    Lovely photos, Ray. I've always wanted to go there.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast