Professional Web Applications Themes

[ODBC] ODBC (win32) X PostgreSQL(Linux) - PostgreSQL / PGSQL

Hi Fabricio, fbbsantos wrote: > What details do you need? > > I need to know enough that if I sat down at your computer I could find the problem. For example, what language or application are you using? Are you using a DSN, or a DSN-less connection? What connection string have you used in your application? What kind of error messages are you getting? Perhaps a code sample? Cheers, EE >I have a PostgreSQL version 7.3.2 installed in a Mandrake 9.0. >On the WindowsXP machine, I installed the driver psqlodbc-07_03_0200. > >But I don´t know how to make an ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: [ODBC] ODBC (win32) X PostgreSQL(Linux)

    Hi Fabricio,

    [url]http://archives.postgresql.org[/url]

    Eric E Guest

  2. #2

    On Wednesday 26 January 2005 07:07 am, Eric E wrote:
    > Hi Fabricio,
    >
    > fbbsantos wrote:
    > > What details do you need?
    >
    > I need to know enough that if I sat down at your computer I could
    > find the problem.
    > For example, what language or application are you using?
    > Are you using a DSN, or a DSN-less connection?
    > What connection string have you used in your application?
    > What kind of error messages are you getting?
    > Perhaps a code sample?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > EE
    >
    > >I have a PostgreSQL version 7.3.2 installed in a Mandrake 9.0.
    > >On the WindowsXP machine, I installed the driver
    > > psqlodbc-07_03_0200.
    > >
    > >But I don´t know how to make an application in XP see the database.
    > >How can I configure the connection to do so?
    > >

    > >Thanks a lot.
    > >
    > >Em (12:21:40), Eric E escreveu:
    > >>Hi Fabricio,
    > >>To provide any detailed help, folks will need to know more
    > >>specifically what the problem is. However, some things I've come
    > >> across are:
    > >>+ making sure the PG server is set to accept connections from your
    > >>IP address. By defautl, pg_hba.conf is usually set only to allow
    > >>connections from the server itself.
    > >>+ you'll may also need to to use an IP address rather than a
    > >>hostname in your DSN, depending on how name resolution is set up in
    > >>Windows and on your network.
    > >>
    > >>Can you give us some more details of your problems?
    > >>
    > >>Cheers,
    > >>
    > >>Eric

    > >>trying

    > [url]http://archives.postgresql.org[/url]
    In Windows, run odbcad32.exe to define a Data Source Name for each
    database. You can define User DSN's (for current user only) or System
    DSN's (for any system user). If you've already installed the
    postgresql odbc drivers, you should see the drivers listed under the
    Drivers tab.

    Best of luck,

    Andrew Gould

    [url]http://archives.postgresql.org[/url]