Professional Web Applications Themes

Odd Problem - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I have been using Dreamweaver MX ( have updated to 6.1) for over a year. I dont think I have made any changes to my OS (Windows 2000) to cause this problem, nor any other changes. I have my sites set up to work on a page locally then FTP up to the Host Server. I had set it up to automatically FTP once I saved a page. All of a sudden I can not automatically FTP or connect to Remote View. Macromedia locks up and I have to manually shut Macromedia down. Any suggestions? Bob Leffew...

  1. #1

    Default Odd Problem

    I have been using Dreamweaver MX ( have updated to 6.1) for over a year.

    I dont think I have made any changes to my OS (Windows 2000) to cause this
    problem, nor any other changes.

    I have my sites set up to work on a page locally then FTP up to the Host
    Server.

    I had set it up to automatically FTP once I saved a page.

    All of a sudden I can not automatically FTP or connect to Remote View.
    Macromedia locks up and I have to manually shut Macromedia down.

    Any suggestions?

    Bob Leffew

    Bob Leffew Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Odd Problem

    "Mark Jacobs" <kramblomand.net> wrote in message
    > Friends:
    >
    > I have been running XP Pro on my workstation for a while
    > now. I recently had the workstation upgraded to a Celeron
    > 2GB processor and a ECS motherboard with SIS Chipset. Now
    > my network connection is acting odd. When I go to access
    > an application or file on the server it takes 20 to 25
    > seconds to pull it up. Then as I continue working it is
    > pretty normal. If I leave it alone for 5 or 10 minutes and
    > start back, I have to do the 20 second wait deal again the
    > first time. I've tried a lot of things, reinstalling
    > TCP/IP, checking all settings, checking for updates to the
    > network card. I have 256 mb Ram.
    >
    > The server is running 2000 Server but has not been altered
    > during this problem.
    >
    > Any insights would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark
    Did you run a Repair Install of XP after that new hardware was added?

    XPUSER Guest

  3. #3

    The guy that did the upgrade reinstalled XP, but I don't
    think it went smoothly. I may try it again. When you say
    a repair install, is this just a reinstall, or something
    different? Thanks for the reply.
    Mark
    Mark Guest

  4. #4

    "Mark" <kramblomand.net> wrote in message

> [...]
    How to perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341[/url]

    (I would suggest Method 2 of booting from the CD)
    (If you use Method 1, at least disable your Anti-Virus program first
    or better yet, uninstall it and then reinstall it after the In-Place
    Upgrade)

    (Besides the cautions mentioned in the article, probably best to disconnect
    peripherals such as printers, scanners, cameras before hand also)

    (I would leave Internet connection such as cable modem attached)

    In case you have XP Service Pack 1 installed and your XP CD does not include
    it:

    You Cannot Create a Network Connection After You Restore Windows XP
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329441[/url]

    XPUSER Guest