Professional Web Applications Themes

[off-topic] Game recommendation?? - Mac Applications & Software

Wesley Groleau wrote: > >Would anyone care to recommend > > A two-player game that would interest teenage boys > (but not too violent or y!) and would work over > a direct ethernet connection between OS X and Win98 Well, when I was a kid I remember being awestruck by a slick new game called "Pong". I'm sure that OS X and W98 ports can be found. Jim -- Longhaired freaky people need not apply....

  1. #1

    Default Re: [off-topic] Game recommendation??

    --

    Longhaired freaky people need not apply.
    Jim Hill Guest

  2. #2

    In article <oDCdnQQkNsCKpIGiXTWJiAgbronline.com>,
    Wesley Groleau <wesgroleaumyrealbox.com> wrote:
    > Would anyone care to recommend
    >
    > A two-player game that would interest teenage boys
    > (but not too violent or y!) and would work over
    > a direct ethernet connection between OS X and Win98
    >
    > (Obviously have to be Java or flash or some other
    > portable technology or have versions for both platforms)
    Quake I, II or III? Ghost Recon?

    --
    Sandman[.net]
    Sandman Guest

  3. #3

    Wesley Groleau <wesgroleaumyrealbox.com> writes:
    > Would anyone care to recommend
    >
    > A two-player game that would interest teenage boys
    > (but not too violent or y!) and would work over
    > a direct ethernet connection between OS X and Win98
    >
    > (Obviously have to be Java or flash or some other
    > portable technology or have versions for both platforms)
    "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" has versions for Windows, OS X, and
    Linux. It was about CA$70 when it first came out over a year ago.

    It's multi-player (up 64 people per server): you can either join a
    server on the 'Net, setup your own local server, or use the
    single-player game.

    Note: I'm talking about the original version, I'm not sure whether
    the recent "Enemy Territory" has an OS X version out.

    It does involve shooting people (German soldiers and some 'monsters')
    but nothing extremely graphics (IMHO). Are no chainsaws, etc.

    --
    David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>, [url]http://www.magda.ca/[/url]
    David Magda Guest

  4. #4

    Jim Hill wrote:
    > Well, when I was a kid I remember being awestruck by a slick new game
    > called "Pong". I'm sure that OS X and W98 ports can be found.
    Hmmm, I remember pong, too (vaguely)
    but I don't remember it working between
    two machines. I'll have to look into
    that.

    Wesley Groleau Guest

  5. #5

    Wesley Groleau wrote:
    > Would anyone care to recommend
    Thanks, everyone, for the ideas....

    Wesley Groleau Guest

  6. #6

    foo <foobar.com> wrote:
    > ...except that for some of those (D2 and WC3, I think) the game should
    > detect the same serial number and will quit running.
    I use one copy of D2 on two networked machines. It appears they only
    check for duplicate CD's when logging onto their BattleNet servers.

    You either need to make a copy of the play disk (Toast worked for me),
    or at least copy all the music, speech and movie files onto one machine,
    then eject the CD on that machine after launching the game.
    ward mcfarland Guest

  7. #7

    David Magda <dmagda+trace030710ee.ryerson.ca> writes:
    > Wesley Groleau <wesgroleaumyrealbox.com> writes:
    >
    > > Would anyone care to recommend
    > >
    > > A two-player game that would interest teenage boys
    > > (but not too violent or y!) and would work over
    > > a direct ethernet connection between OS X and Win98
    > >
    > > (Obviously have to be Java or flash or some other
    > > portable technology or have versions for both platforms)
    >
    > "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" has versions for Windows, OS X, and
    > Linux. It was about CA$70 when it first came out over a year ago.
    >
    > It's multi-player (up 64 people per server): you can either join a
    > server on the 'Net, setup your own local server, or use the
    > single-player game.
    >
    > Note: I'm talking about the original version, I'm not sure whether
    > the recent "Enemy Territory" has an OS X version out.
    >
    > It does involve shooting people (German soldiers and some 'monsters')
    So it can easily be classified as 'not too violent', right?

    Matthias

    Matthias Schroeder Guest