Professional Web Applications Themes

OK, Forget Flash 8 Player for Linux. When is Flash 9Player for Linux going to get here? - Macromedia Flash Player

Dear Michalengelo, When are you going to be finished painting the ceiling at the Sistine Chapel? Sincerely, The Pope...

  1. #1

    Default OK, Forget Flash 8 Player for Linux. When is Flash 9Player for Linux going to get here?

    Dear Michalengelo,
    When are you going to be finished painting the ceiling at the Sistine Chapel?
    Sincerely,
    The Pope
    Bushido Hacks Guest

  2. #2

    Can a dev or someone at Macromedia please give some answeres ...
    Linux flash player is still on version 7, and we actually need these updates now ...

    regards
    Riaan
    star_3am Guest

  3. #3

    No doubt they are slacking with linux because they have some kind of deal going
    with microcrap - they only seem to support systems that have their blessing
    (which includes apple because ms has an interest in keeping apple from dying).

    If you really want flash 8 or 9 to work on linux, do this... install WINE
    ([url]www.winehq.org[/url]), then IN wine, install the WINS version of Firefox
    ([url]www.getfirefox.com[/url]), then install your favorite wins version of flash.
    Whenever you need to use flash, open the wins version of firefox.

    thisisnottaken999123 Guest

  4. #4

    > No doubt they are slacking with linux because they have some kind of deal
    > going
    > with microcrap - they only seem to support systems that have their
    > blessing
    > (which includes apple because ms has an interest in keeping apple from
    > dying).
    Here come the conspiracy theories now .. this is sad.

    Linux beta of FP9 should be out soon .. but that will will not include an
    64-bit linux or 64-bit windows etc at this stage (only 32-bit linux) .. have
    to wait longer for that.
    --
    Jeckyl

    Jeckyl Guest

  5. #5

    Ugh. I don't like how Adobe bought out Macromedia.. Main reason is Adobe is
    always for Mac and Windows... Will they keep Macromedia with always keeping a
    Linux version of Flash? I keep hearing about this "beta" but where is it?

    dannyfeola Guest

  6. #6

    ADOBE IS USELESS :)
    ##snip##
    Riann,

    I cannot provide any information on Flash Player 9 for Linux until there is a
    public announcement. Sorry.

    Bentley Wolfe
    Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
    Adobe
    ##snip##

    star_3am Guest

  8. #8

    Who said anything about a conspiracy? This has to do with market and
    distribution. You guys at Adobe know perfectly well that if you support linux,
    that you'll loose the favor of microsux.

    [q]Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
    > No doubt they are slacking with linux because they have some kind of deal
    > going
    > with microcrap - they only seem to support systems that have their
    > blessing
    > (which includes apple because ms has an interest in keeping apple from
    > dying).
    Here come the conspiracy theories now .. this is sad.

    Linux beta of FP9 should be out soon .. but that will will not include an
    64-bit linux or 64-bit windows etc at this stage (only 32-bit linux) .. have
    to wait longer for that.
    --
    Jeckyl

    [/q]

    thisisnottaken999123 Guest

  9. #9

    > ADOBE IS USELESS :)

    No .. you are a fool.

    Do you really expect Adboe to leak information to you before any public
    announcements?
    --
    Jeckyl

    Jeckyl Guest