Professional Web Applications Themes

OK guys this is NOT the same as red eye. Its a lot more complicated - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

OK guys this is NOT the same as red eye. Its a lot more complicated I have a photo in which the camera back was opened and when delevoped left a red tint on the left side of the photo. I know that I can paint over it using luminousity but i'm stumped from there on. I've seen someone do it in person but I've completely forgotten the steps. Any helps appreciated....

  1. #1

    Default OK guys this is NOT the same as red eye. Its a lot more complicated

    jean_marcotte@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Probably lots of ways. I'd try laying a hue-saturationg adjustment layer and desaturate that area. Then on a highter layer paint over the corner, sampling from the appropriate parts of the image.
    Philip_Peterson@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Sorry I don't have more time I am on my way out.

    I duplicated the layer and copied good data from the green channel and pasted it to the red channel. I then added a layer mask so it would only cover the bad areas. I recolored the grass green and that's about it. This took less than a minute so it is quick, you will want to put a little more time into matching the colors though as this is a very rough example.

    Results <http://www.geocities.com/photohelp2002/color_fix/>
    Photo_Help@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Photo help: I was wondering if working with the channels would have been a better way to to. I tried pasting the green into the red, but still got some red haze, so I just went my route. How'd you get rid of the haze?

    Or would you have recommended a channel mixer adjustment layer and turn down the red?

    Sorry if all this is obvious, but I'm more of an illustrator guy...
    Philip_Peterson@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    You can get rid of most of it by cropping. Your subjects are more important than the background behind them.
    Mark_Hiers@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Great save, Photo Help!
    Margaret_McDowell@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I'd go with the channel mixer adj. layer and see how that works out.
    JasonSmith@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    A Channel Mixer adjustment layer doesn't have the same effect. It changes the existing channel where we are replacing part of it. If you look at the red channel it has a large section of detail missing on the left edge and it is the only channel missing that detail. By copying it from another channel you can bring back some of the missing data.

    I used a layer mask to eliminate the haze. I just used the paintbrush tool to mask the areas that were not damaged in the original (background layer).

    The key is to use as much of the original as possible which is why we keep it intact on the background layer. That way we only need to correct the damaged areas. In doing so on layer 2 you end up changing some coloration in areas that were not originally a problem. That is the reason we mask those sections. For example flesh tones like the faces and hands were fine but the clothing showed the red haze so it was covered by the corrected second layer. The third layer is simply to make the grass green again and is set to the color blend mode.
    Photo_Help@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Margaret,

    Thanks.