I have configured a print queue for "OKI Microline 8480SU-R" printer
for TRU-64 operating system. The problem is that I am able to print
ENGLISH characters but when any JAPANESE characters are there in the
file, it prints that as JUNK characters. Can anyone help or suggest an
alternate wayout for the same?

In HP-UX, using "setnetlp" command, this printer is working fine with
ESCP settings.

On Tru64:

I am using following entries in printcap file:

tyo017m0:\
:lf=/usr/spool/lpd/errors/tyo017m0.err:\
:sd=/usr/spool/lpd/tyo017m0:\
:rm=tyo017m0.tyo.pacific.testdomain.com:\
:rp=raw1:\
:if=/usr/lbin/pcfof +Cescp_a4_12cpi.pcf -Opcode=escp:\
:of=/usr/lbin/pcfof +Cescp_a4_12cpi.pcf -Opcode=escp:\
:mx=0:\
:pl=63:\
:pw=95:\
:xf=/usr/lbin/xf:\
:ya="plocale=ja_JP.eucJP":\
:lp=:ct=remote:sh:mx#0:

and locale values are as follows:
/users/mnin_tst <full> locale
LANG=ja_JP.SJIS
LC_COLLATE="ja_JP.SJIS"
LC_CTYPE="ja_JP.SJIS"
LC_MONETARY="ja_JP.SJIS"
LC_NUMERIC="ja_JP.SJIS"
LC_TIME="ja_JP.SJIS"
LC_MESSAGES="ja_JP.SJIS"
LC_ALL=

I am able to get prints in English but as and when any japanese
characters are there in the file, these are printed as junk.
Please advice.

Regards,
Vikas