Professional Web Applications Themes

One Frame in Middle of page - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I am trying to create a web site using buttons/graphics imported from fireworks. I want all of the pages in the site to have the same border (images/buttons) that is on the top, left side, and bottom of the page. In between these borders (the borders are all connected) I would like an area where the different pages can load (as users click on the buttons) preferably with a scroll bar on this frame only. I'm having a hard time finding a way to effectively do this. I have tried using frames in Dreamweaver and importing the various borders from ...

  1. #1

    Default One Frame in Middle of page

    I am trying to create a web site using buttons/graphics imported from fireworks. I want all of the pages in the site to have the same border (images/buttons) that is on the top, left side, and bottom of the page. In between these borders (the borders are all connected) I would like an area where the different pages can load (as users click on the buttons) preferably with a scroll bar on this frame only. I'm having a hard time finding a way to effectively do this. I have tried using frames in Dreamweaver and importing the various borders from Fireworks into separate frames, but when the page is fully expanded in the web browser white spaces appear between the frames. Is there a way to insert an individual frame with scrolling capabilities into Fireworks or Dreamweaver? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

    sbarton webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: One Frame in Middle of page

    try the iFrame tag: [url]http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp[/url]

    wrrn Guest

  3. #3

    Folks:

    Templates do not provide any LAYOUT control.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "><> Mick Wood <><" <mickmickwood.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I may be wrong so please forgive me if I am.
    >
    > It seems to me that another way for you to go is to forget about frames
    and
    > use templates. A site I built ages ago seems to be have the structure you
    > are looking for - [url]http://www.amatas.org/[/url]
    >
    > Have a look at the code to see how the page was put together. I could send
    > you the template if you are interested. If so send me an email - remove
    the
    > nospam.
    >
    > - Mick
    >
    > <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>
    > [url]www.mickwood.com[/url]
    > Web Hosting & Design for Christian Organisations

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  4. #4

    What do you mean by, "no layout control." I have been designing mine with
    templates and haven't had any problem, is there something I am missing?

    "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > Folks:
    >
    > Templates do not provide any LAYOUT control.
    >
    > --
    > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > ==================
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET
    > ANSWERS
    > ==================
    > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > ==================
    >
    > "><> Mick Wood <><" <mickmickwood.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I may be wrong so please forgive me if I am.
    > >
    > > It seems to me that another way for you to go is to forget about frames
    > and
    > > use templates. A site I built ages ago seems to be have the structure
    you
    > > are looking for - [url]http://www.amatas.org/[/url]
    > >
    > > Have a look at the code to see how the page was put together. I could
    send
    > > you the template if you are interested. If so send me an email - remove
    > the
    > > nospam.
    > >
    > > - Mick

    > > [url]www.mickwood.com[/url]
    > > Web Hosting & Design for Christian Organisations

    Brad Guest

  5. #5

    Huh?