Professional Web Applications Themes

One frame scene verses alot of frames scene - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

Hello I have a question. I am working on my own web design website which is [url]www.smoovejcmedia.tfang.org[/url]. On my first scene and its only that scene I only have one frame consisiting of about 8 layers. Layers are background, buttons, text, media, and etc. I have mainly movie clips which is why its only one frame. Each object if it does something is made into its own movie clips instead of stretching across my main timeline with a bunch of frames. Is it a good idea to have movie clips instead of a whole bunch of frames. I still do ...

  1. #1

    Default One frame scene verses alot of frames scene

    Hello I have a question. I am working on my own web design website which is [url]www.smoovejcmedia.tfang.org[/url]. On my first scene and its only that scene I only have one frame consisiting of about 8 layers. Layers are background, buttons, text, media, and etc. I have mainly movie clips which is why its only one frame. Each object if it does something is made into its own movie clips instead of stretching across my main timeline with a bunch of frames. Is it a good idea to have movie clips instead of a whole bunch of frames. I still do not like how slow my site can be on 56K modems.

    SmooveJC

    SmooveJC webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: One frame scene verses alot of frames scene

    "SmooveJC" wrote:
    >Is it a good idea to have movie clips instead of a whole bunch of frames.
    yes.

    zero Guest

  3. #3

    Hello Smoove,

    You know what... I prefer MovieClips. They make things so much more organized and filed. It depends on what you need the symbols for too. I mean, we don't care if text is converted to MovieClips or not. I often use MovieClips to separate different kind of content, it makes it more understandable and easy to work on, in my opinion ;)

    If you've not seen my last post answer to your other question about preloaders, go see it please..

    war_mice webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    phatkow... we don't really need loadMovie command for any movieClips, as far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't use it for simple animations. Only different pages of my website. I guess it's a matter of choice.

    war_mice webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    phatkow, I went on mudbubble.com - your website, right ? - earlier today and I was wondering... are you the one who's drawing all this work ? That's very good drawings ! Nice animation, original ideas ;) I've been animating my webpage too, lately, but it took me sooooooo long for nothing - well, not much. I'll post the website here soon, as soon as I have the english version completed.

    I see what you meant about loadMovie's... that's fine, I do exactly like that anyway, I just thought you were proposing loadMovie everywhere or sorta.

    war_mice webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    hi war_mice

    thanks for the kind words - yup, mudbubble is just about all little-ole me ;)
    the site is in dire need of updates and revamping - i'm in the process and have been for quite some time - been really busy with client work (no complaints there) and the new site will take more time - but will be very different. i work on it between 12 and 3am usually - seems that's the only time i can find - so i sacrifice sleep to get it done....

    yeah - i knew you know about loadmovie - i usually post for the benefit of others (expecially newbies) that come late to the thread ;)

    chris georgenes
    mudbubble.com
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Flash
    phatkow Guest

  7. #7

    Hey phatkow. I was looking at your site and its looks good. I like the animations. Very creative. I'm telling you thats what alot of these generic websites should do. You know? I'm tired of the just the basics of home, profile, links, stuff like that. I like to make websites as interactive as possible. What program do you create your characters and scenery in? Or do you draw then scan? I would like to do the same thing too but I cannot draw. I rely on whatever program I use to draw characters. But I do use Bryce 5 to create scenery which I used for my background image on my site.

    Referring URLs
    [url]http://smoovejcmedia.tfang.org/[/url]

    SmooveJC webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  8. #8

    thanks!
    yeah - i agree - i'm tired of the basics as well (at least for my needs) - my next design will be simpler and a bit more experimental - more about the animation instead of the number of projects i have done.

    most of what you see was done entirely in flash (with a wacom of course). i often design on paper and scan into flash then trace/clean up my drawings and separate out everything as symbols - then animate.

    -c