"Frank Pirrone" <fpirronelocalnet.com> wrote in message
> I'm about to return the 256 MB Secure JumpDrive I asked about earlier.
> Got no replies, but here's another try before heading out to CompUSA:
>
> Has anyone been successful in WRITING to a SECURE JumpDrive in Linux?
> It's gotta be the Secure model. It's recognized fine and mounts fine,
> but read-only. With the protection on this device, I can't find any way
> to write to it. Lexar is pretty clueless, but discouraging.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Frank

For something as unique as a particular brand of USB device you might be
better off looking for manufacturer specific forums or lists. I searched
Google and found this one item in a thread dealing with your exact issue.
Also from what I found on the product itself, you probably won't be able to
use the "Secure" feature at all as that uses a proprietary application which
can only be loaded off of the disk and even then only works in w2k or xp.
-------------------------------Begin forum
info-------------------------------------
Dear Bill,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would you be so kind to post this
to your discussion group?

A limited number of JumpDrive 2.0 Pro drives have an issue that says the
drive is write protected when a customer tries to store a file. This issue
only affects 256 MB JumpDrive 2.0 Pro shipped during April 2003. People
effected should contact Lexar Media tech support at 510-413-1275, via email
at [email]supportlexarmedia.com[/email], or via live chat at
[url]http://www.lexarmedia.com/support/index.html[/url] to have their product repaired
or replaced. There is no charge to the customer for this service and any
affected drives will be promptly replaced.

Jim Gustke