Professional Web Applications Themes

Online form users can alter - Macromedia Exchange Dreamweaver Extensions

Hello, Not sure if this is the best place to ask but since I use Dreamweaver I thought I'd ask here first. I run a website and I am trying to place a webform (similar to a spreadsheet) that visitors can alter. In ordrer to alter the spreadsheet they would have to first enter a password. Basically, it will be an inventory sheet that different sections around a reigon can change what they have in their inventory under their appropriate section/row/column. Again, I hope to not have to have them download a Excel doent and then alter it and then ...

  1. #1

    Default Online form users can alter

    Hello,
    Not sure if this is the best place to ask but since I use Dreamweaver I
    thought I'd ask here first. I run a website and I am trying to place a webform
    (similar to a spreadsheet) that visitors can alter. In ordrer to alter the
    spreadsheet they would have to first enter a password. Basically, it will be an
    inventory sheet that different sections around a reigon can change what they
    have in their inventory under their appropriate section/row/column.

    Again, I hope to not have to have them download a Excel doent and then
    alter it and then upload it. I would like the forum embeded into the webpage
    and allow specific users to alter the form. Anyone who visits the page can see
    it, just not manipulate it.

    Does this make sense? I am not sure what I should be looking for even to
    search Extension Database.

    Thanks!

    Skizzyone Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Online form users can alter

    Skizzyone wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Not sure if this is the best place to ask but since I use Dreamweaver I
    > thought I'd ask here first. I run a website and I am trying to place a webform
    > (similar to a spreadsheet) that visitors can alter. In ordrer to alter the
    > spreadsheet they would have to first enter a password. Basically, it will be an
    > inventory sheet that different sections around a reigon can change what they
    > have in their inventory under their appropriate section/row/column.
    >
    > Again, I hope to not have to have them download a Excel doent and then
    > alter it and then upload it. I would like the forum embeded into the webpage
    > and allow specific users to alter the form. Anyone who visits the page can see
    > it, just not manipulate it.
    >
    > Does this make sense? I am not sure what I should be looking for even to
    > search Extension Database.
    The log in and update of data in a table is something that is built into Dreamweaver. You will need to have a database (such as MySQL, or SQL Server, Access, whatever ) to store the data in as well as a web server that can handle a server language, like PHP or ColdFusion that can interact with the database. IN Dreamweaver, PHP and MySQL are paired together by default, but in the other server languages, you can work with other databases.

    Assuming you're using CS4, go here:
    [url]http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Dreamweaver/10.0_Using/[/url]
    Be sure to read (and reread) through the "Making pages dynamic", "Building applications visually" and "Building forms" sections. For there, you should ask follow up questions about the dynamic support within Dreamweaver in the Application Development forum:
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm?forumid=12&catid=263&entercat=y[/url]

    If, after reading those help sections and asking in the App Dev forum, there is something that you'd like to do that isn't built in, then please do ask here for specific functionality that you'd need.

    Beyond that, please feel free to checkout WebAssist's products (the company I work for) for Dreamweaver:
    [url]http://www.webassist.com/professional/products/productresults.asp[/url]

    --
    Danilo Celic
    | [url]http://blog.extensioneering.com/[/url]
    | WebAssist Extensioneer
    | Adobe Community Expert
    danilocelic AdobeCommunityExpert Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks! I'll start reading.

    I actually use CS3 however I see that many DW instructions on the site mingle
    the two....by accident?

    The Log in and Update of a data table would be perfect...I will look at the
    tables closer.

    Thanks again!

    Skizzyone Guest