Professional Web Applications Themes

online Help - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I have the same problem with help and tutorials. Given that AOL is used by over 60 million people, why can't ADOBE issue an upgrade so that it is compatible. I don't want to have to keep toggling my default browser. I purchased Photoshop Elments as a stepping stone to an eventual Photoshop purchase, I hope this kind of ignore the user's real working environment approach to programming is not something that is across the board in Adobe products. Most software manufactures endeavor to work for compatibility with common platforms and browsers. Given the number of potential incompatibility problems recorded ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: online Help

    I have the same problem with help and tutorials. Given that AOL is used by over 60 million people, why can't ADOBE issue an upgrade so that it is compatible. I don't want to have to keep toggling my default browser.

    I purchased Photoshop Elments as a stepping stone to an eventual Photoshop purchase, I hope this kind of ignore the user's real working environment approach to programming is not something that is across the board in Adobe products. Most software manufactures endeavor to work for compatibility with common platforms and browsers.

    Given the number of potential incompatibility problems recorded in this forum regarding Photoshop elements, looks like I will have to do a lot of research to find out if it is worth my while to buy the Photoshop Product. Why buy software that makes you configure your computer to accomodate it?
    Therese ER Guest

  2. #2

    Theresa,
    I was just talking to AOL people this morning about their putting stuff in .ART.
    Odd that my idea is just the opposite from yours.
    I have asked several times WHY AOL doesn't get with ADOBE
    Guess I am leaning in favor of ADOBE.
    Anyway I hope you enjoy Elements.
    Marty
    Marty Landolt Guest

  3. #3

    Theresa, AOL is the one who has requested MS rewrite standard software to meet their individual (and somewhat limiting) specifications. As to computer configuration, there are quite a few regular users of Elements with AOL connections. The reconfig shouldn't be hard and should impact nothing besides the Adobe Help and Online files.
    Beth Haney Guest

  4. #4

    Default Online Help

    I recently bought Photoshop 7.0.1, and I have not been able register on line, nor access Online Help by clicking the help button, clicking the Photoshop symbol atop the toolbox, or pressing F1. The browser does not open.

    I have AOL. Could this have anything to do with my Internet settings, or does the online feature simply not work with AOL?

    Do I need to use Microsoft Internet Explorer and have Javascript active, as the Illustrator Classroom In a Book recommends? These things are a mystery to me.

    I would appreciate your help.
    Lesly Jacques Guest

  5. #5

    When in doubt, read and follow the directions.

    Page 1, User Manual..."Installing Adobe Photoshop and ImageReady"...

    If you can't make that work, call the Toll-Free number and talk to support. This is a users Forum, not tech support.
    Ol' Whozit Guest