Professional Web Applications Themes

Open hyperlink in layer - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi, I have created a website with layers and also signed on for a guest book, as mentioned on that site you can also open this guestbook within your own webpage, This is what I try to do, but is it possible to open a new page into an existing frame ?? In the Helpfile of DW I read you can open a page into a frame, should I also include a frame on my page or is there another way to do it ? thanks Patrick...

  1. #1

    Default Open hyperlink in layer

    Hi,

    I have created a website with layers and also signed on for a guest book, as mentioned on that site you can also open this guestbook within your own webpage,

    This is what I try to do, but is it possible to open a new page into an existing frame ??

    In the Helpfile of DW I read you can open a page into a frame, should I also include a frame on my page or is there another way to do it ?

    thanks

    Patrick

    PMol Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Open hyperlink in layer

    Frame? Or layer?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "PMol" <com> wrote in message
    as mentioned on that site you can also open this guestbook within your own
    webpage,
    existing frame ??
    also include a frame on my page or is there another way to do it ?

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Patrick:

    Yes, it's possible. But it's not done very often since layers don't do
    scrollbars well, and many people who ask this are thinking of doing a whole
    website in a single layer! It's a bad idea.

    What are you trying to do, really? Replace frames with layers? Don't even
    think about it.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================
    http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    ==================

    "PMol" <com> wrote in message
    opening a page in another frame, this worked fine when I tested it, but my
    template is build with layers so I would like to get an easy way of opening
    a new page into my main layer,

    Murray Guest

  4. #4

    Hi,

    I don't know what I should do, I am not Using frames at the moment, I have a template for my website build with layers but I want this Guestbook appear in the main part of my website so in the middle of the page, should I create a Frame for this page only ?

    thank you

    Patrick

    PMol Guest

  5. #5

    Patrick:

    Put it in a centering table on the page. Or are your only editable regions
    INSIDE the absolutely positioned <div> tags? If that's the case, then
    adjust your template to include an editable region that is outside the <div>
    tags.

    You speak of layers as tables as if they were mutually exclusive - they are
    not.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  6. #6

    Hi,

    Thank you for your reaction,

    I am going to try it right away.

    Patrick

    PMol Guest

  7. #7

    Patrick:

    Good luck. Post back with your progress, please! 8)

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources

    "PMol" <com> wrote in message