Professional Web Applications Themes

Open Picture Window Extension help, please! - Macromedia Exchange Dreamweaver Extensions

Hi! I am using this extension to open a window with the description of the cat/dog I'm showing on the page. The dog's page works, but every time the window opens the page looks like it's refreshing and it's bugging me. On the cats page just some of the pictures work. Can you please check it out for me and tell me what I should do? I'm stumped! [url]http://www.yourpetsuniverse.com/catbreeds.html[/url] [url]http://www.yourpetsuniverse.com/dogbreeds.html[/url] Thank you!...

  1. #1

    Default Open Picture Window Extension help, please!

    Hi! I am using this extension to open a window with the description of the
    cat/dog I'm showing on the page. The dog's page works, but every time the
    window opens the page looks like it's refreshing and it's bugging me. On the
    cats page just some of the pictures work. Can you please check it out for me
    and tell me what I should do? I'm stumped!

    [url]http://www.yourpetsuniverse.com/catbreeds.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.yourpetsuniverse.com/dogbreeds.html[/url]

    Thank you!

    labecs Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Open Picture Window Extension help, please!

    labecs wrote:
    > Hi! I am using this extension to open a window with the description of the
    > cat/dog I'm showing on the page. The dog's page works, but every time the
    > window opens the page looks like it's refreshing and it's bugging me. On the
    > cats page just some of the pictures work. Can you please check it out for me
    > and tell me what I should do? I'm stumped!
    >
    > [url]http://www.yourpetsuniverse.com/catbreeds.html[/url]
    > [url]http://www.yourpetsuniverse.com/dogbreeds.html[/url]
    >
    > Thank you!

    On the cats page, the ones that do not work have this:

    <A target = "_blank" HREF="">

    First off the target attribute should not be there, but more
    importantly, you need to change all your Open Pic Window behaviors from
    the img tag where they are now to the <a> tags that surround each thumb.
    And no target attributes. Oh, and teh href should not be blank but
    rather, at the very least it should be "javascript:;".

    Depending on your version of DW, you can either do this easily in teh
    Behaviors window by selecting each behavior and changing its event to
    <A> or if CS3 then it has a bug so you'd have to remove the behavior,
    select each <a> tag and add the behavior to it.

    On the dogs page you have :

    <A HREF="">
    <center>
    </center></a>

    here and there, which ought not be in there at all. Remove those, make
    the other changes described above and all should work better, as long as
    the user has javascript turned on.

    --

    E. Michael Brandt

    [url]www.divahtml.com[/url]
    [url]www.divahtml.com/products/scripts_dreamweaver_extensions.php[/url]
    Standards-compliant scripts and Dreamweaver Extensions

    [url]www.valleywebdesigns.com/vwd_Vdw.asp[/url]
    JustSo PictureWindow
    JustSo PhotoAlbum, et alia

    --
    E Michael Brandt Guest

  3. #3

    I think I fixed it, but now on the dog page, the banner on top shrank and left the column on the right empty and weird. I can't find how to fix it.
    Can you help me with that?
    labecs Guest

  4. #4

    labecs wrote:
    > I think I fixed it, but now on the dog page, the banner on top shrank and left the column on the right empty and weird. I can't find how to fix it.
    > Can you help me with that?
    This page is many many html errors, but start by removing one of these
    html tags:

    <head>

    if that does not help, then take a look at this:

    [url]http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yourpetsunive rse.com%2Fdogbreeds.html[/url]

    and fix the important errors on the page.

    Let us know how it goes.

  5. #5

    Ok, I fixed most of the errors. The 4 that are left are part of the pop up window behavior... what can I do about those? But the problem with the banner didn't get fixed. What can it be?
    labecs Guest

  6. #6

    labecs wrote:
    > Ok, I fixed most of the errors. The 4 that are left are part of the pop up window behavior... what can I do about those? But the problem with the banner didn't get fixed. What can it be?
    Hope someone else can help with this, as I don't have the time right now
    to ponder this - but I do notice that still all yoru onclick behaviors
    are attached to the images rather than to an <a> tag that should
    surround each thumb - and that is why there is no "hand" cursor when you
    mouseover the thumbs.