Professional Web Applications Themes

Opening doent crashes AICS -- is file recoverable? - Adobe Illustrator Macintosh

Nothing like spending two days on a doent, finally finishing at the end of the day and quitting, and then coming back to the next day and finding that attempting to open the doent crashes Illustrator CS. All I want to do is deliver my work to my client on time. Is that so much to ask? I have done the following. Re-started, repaired permissions (none required repair), trashed Prefs, logged in as different user, deleted AdobeFnt files, tried to divine the arcane contents of innumerable crash reports, wept tears of blood. No other doents that I have tested (quite ...

  1. #1

    Default Opening doent crashes AICS -- is file recoverable?

    Nothing like spending two days on a doent, finally finishing at the end of the day and quitting, and then coming back to the next day and finding that attempting to open the doent crashes Illustrator CS. All I want to do is deliver my work to my client on time. Is that so much to ask?

    I have done the following. Re-started, repaired permissions (none required repair), trashed Prefs, logged in as different user, deleted AdobeFnt files, tried to divine the arcane contents of innumerable crash reports, wept tears of blood.

    No other doents that I have tested (quite a few thus far) produce this treachery.

    At this point, I'm assuming that I'm doomed to two more days of work, from scratch, to reproduce the doent (the backup from last nights Retrospect run produces the same result).

    But I beg, is there anything I can do to recover this doent? I can post a crash report if that would help.

    Thanks in advance.

    (I hate computers.)
    Bill_Cameron@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    create a new doent - try placing the problem AI file.
    JasonSmith@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I can do that, but all the text blocks convert to point text, one for each line. Not useful. I'll end up having to recreate all the text blocks in order to have truly editable text, which is something I need. Otherwise, I wouldn't have created text blocks in the first place.

    Sorry if I sound cranky, but I'm fed up with semi-functional beta software passed off as the real thing. Of course, it's my fault. I was naive enough to think the upgrade was worth the money, and the software would work. Only an idiot would believe that anymore.
    Bill_Cameron@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    That is funny everyone has these problems but I notice that you have retrospect now a person familiar with trouble shooting might consider that some kind of software such as retrospect might be the cause or the conflict that is causing this.

    If you could tell people here about your system and what you have running there might be a clue as to what might be causing the problem.

    Did you export this file to a legacy file did it start out as a legacy file do you have any corrupt fonts, perhaps.
    Wade_Zimmerman@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Sigh.

    Sorry for bothering you.