Professional Web Applications Themes

Opening Photoshop CS Files. - Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator

Here is my problem. When I double click on a Tiff file, Photoshop launches but the file does not open into Photoshop. The same is true when I say edit original in InDesign the same thing happens. Any help would be great DD...

  1. #1

    Default Opening Photoshop CS Files.

    Dean_Dunlop@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Opening Photoshop CS Files.

    Rene_Walling@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    From the FAQs:

    Scott Weichert "Double clicking/drag and drop Photoshop files opens application but not file." 2/10/04 10:05am </cgi-bin/webx?50.2ccf1da6>
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Hmmmmmmm......didn't read the FAQS first
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    OK, first I reinstalled Photoshop CS, it still did not work. Then I reinstalled the whole Creative Suit, still no results. There is just not such a file on my computer named 'Adobe Unit Types'. Actually there wasn't even a 'Scripting additions' folder in my Library folder. Finding this I created one, then uninstalled CS, then reinstalled it -- Photoshop still does not open files the way it should.

    Any ideas?
    Istvan_Sass@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Forgot to mention that I uninstalled PS and CS before installing...
    Istvan_Sass@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Try a new user account.
    Graham_Phillips@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    So I should create a new user account before installing CS?
    I'll do it right away...

    Thanks for the fast reply :-)
    Istvan_Sass@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Nope, it does not work. I am afraid, I will have to reinstall MacOS X. It is brand new, though, nothing much has happened to it except for customizing and adding Creative Suit plus Freehand MX.

    It's pretty annoying :-/
    Istvan_Sass@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Opening Photoshop CS Files.

    Dean Dunlop - 07:10pm Apr 20, 2004 Pacific

    Here is my problem. When I double click on a Tiff file, Photoshop launches
    but the file >does not open into Photoshop. The same is true when I say
    edit original in InDesign the >same thing happens. ---------------------

    I have exactly the same problem! I'm working on a brand new 1.6 GHz G5, Mac OS X v10.3.3 and one of the first applications I installed was Adobe CS. At first it worked just fine, but within a week I had the problem that some applications did not start up right. Like they started up but then 'dissapeared' in the background, not possible to use them. Apple technical support told me to ad a new user and throw away the other user. When that didn't help, Apple advised to re install Mac OS X (while keeping user settings and applications). That solved the problem, but now I only have this problem with Photoshop CS. I cannot open Photoshop files by double clicking in the finder. The application does start up, but doesn't open the file.
    Please help me Adobe!

    thanx
    Paul Monfils
    Magma_Ontwerpers@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    As far as I could gather, you have to reinstall Photoshop now, that you had already installed your new OS...

    Pain in the OS :-)
    Istvan_Sass@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    PAul,

    Could you check that after the system reinstall there is a folder called:
    <Panther volume>\Library\Scripting Additions\

    I don't even have this folder. Photoshop install won't create one, if I do so, that won't help...
    Istvan_Sass@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Yes I do have that Scripting Additions folder. Though nothing in it which seems to do something with Photoshop. More like something which is from XPress: "QXPScriptingAdditions.osax"

    Why?

    Is installing Photoshop really the solution to the problem you think?
    Magma_Ontwerpers@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    They said so. It's at the FAQ:

    Double clicking/drag and drop Photoshop files opens application but not file.

    Scott Weichert - 01:45pm Dec 29, 2003 Pacific

    This is most commonly due to installing Photoshop CS before doing an archive and install of Mac OS10.3.

    The easiest solution is to reinstall Photoshop CS after you have installed Mac OS10.3.

    ---------------------------
    Another solution courtesy Anne Shelbourne

    Open your Previous System folder.
    Find "Adobe Unit Types".
    Copy it into: <Panther volume>\Library\Scripting Additions\
    Istvan_Sass@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    YES!

    Thanks!

    Putting back "Adobe Unit Types" solved my problem.
    Magma_Ontwerpers@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    OK then :-)

    Could you please send that file to me in an e-mail? I am still hesitating to reinstall OSX...
    Istvan_Sass@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    and your email address is?
    Magma_Ontwerpers@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    I am still hesitating to reinstall OSX...

    reinstalling OSX is the cluprit not the fix.

    reinstalling Photoshop is the fix.

    If you have a bad system install then reinstalling the system is the only way to fix it.
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    Magma Ontwerpers:
    That is sass.istvan /at/ chello.hu

    Thanks in advance...
    Istvan_Sass@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    The system is fine otherwise, it seems to work just fine. Except for that I don't have this 'Scripting Additions" folder, nor does Photoshop create it when I install it...

    I'll try to place this file where it belongs to, if it does not work, I will reinstall OSX. I think it's worth a try. I am pretty overloaded at the moment, the last thing I wish getting involved in is a system reinstall and customizing...
    Istvan_Sass@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast