Professional Web Applications Themes

Operating System - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I have a question for you my system comes up with operating system not found i have tried different things but nothing works HP doesnt give recovery disc no more so i cant go that way either i cant find a way to make a boot disc to get it going and i have not figured out how to f disc yet any ideas?? if not thanx anyhow stan...

  1. #1

    Default operating system

    I have a question for you my system comes up with operating system not found i have tried different things but nothing works HP doesnt give recovery disc no more so i cant go that way either i cant find a way to make a boot disc to get it going and i have not figured out how to f disc yet any ideas?? if not thanx anyhow
    stan

    stan & nin Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: operating system

    "stan & nin" <ninsterkinzua.net> writes:
    (Please post to the mailing list in plain text only, not HTML, and set
    your mailer to wrap lines at 72 characters.)
    > I have a question for you my system comes up with operating system
    > not found i have tried different things but nothing works HP doesnt
    > give recovery disc no more so i cant go that way either i cant find
    > a way to make a boot disc to get it going and i have not figured out
    > how to f disc yet any ideas??
    That probably implies that either you don't have a master boot record,
    or you're using the DOS MBR and don't have any partitions marked
    active in the partition table. If you don't have any other boot media
    (I find having a GRUB floppy around incredibly useful), you can boot
    of the Debian install CD, and type something like "rescue
    root=/dev/hda1" at its boot prompt.

    If your problem is lack of an active partition, you can fix this with
    fdisk. If the problem is lack of an MBR, installing either LILO or
    GRUB, or the MBR out of the 'mbr' package, to the disk proper
    (probably /dev/hda for IDE) will do the trick; as a side benefit, none
    of these really care about partitions' "active" flag (the 'mbr'
    package very slightly more than the other two).

    You should be able to easily find instructions for creating a boot
    disk from the Linux Doentation Project ([url]http://www.tldp.org/[/url]).

    --
    David Maze [email]dmazedebian.org[/email] [url]http://people.debian.org/~dmaze/[/url]
    "Theoretical politics is interesting. Politicking should be illegal."

    David Z Maze Guest

  3. #3

    Paul Johnson Guest

  4. #4

    After downloading and running set up an error message comes just before the set up is finish. It says, "This operating system is not supported. Setup will now terminate."
    Then the next message says, "Your system has not been modified.
    John_Beilman@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I take it you are trying to install Acrobat 6 Professional on Win98 or WinME?

    See the System Requirements

    <http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/systemreqs.html>
    Jonathan_H@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    >After downloading

    Downloading what? Please give the full name (or the download page)?
    > and running set up an error message comes just before the set up is finish. It says, "This operating system is not supported. Setup will now terminate."
    Ok, what is your operating system? What this means is, what version
    of Windows do you have?

    Aandi Inston
    Aandi_Inston@adobeforums.com Guest