I am trying to edit a role setting but when i click on "Edit Role Settings" it
pops up a message:

"Operation Failed. The resource is not a directory, or there might be a
permission problem"

As suggested in a previous thread, I ran FTPServerChecker and only received
two errors. Neither of them applied to me as I am using contribute 3 and one
error was for contribute 2. The other said to ignore the error if you are using
a windows server, which I am. What can I do to get this working? Thanks. Here
is the log from FTPServerChecker if that helps:

NOTE: "Serv-U FTP server" has been detected.
There is a known issue reported with Contribute 2.0 and Serv-U server.
If you are using Contribute 2.0, please download a patch from here
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge
href="http://www.macromedia.com/support/contribute/ts/doents/servu.htm

Login:">[url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/contribute/ts/doents/servu.htm[/url]

Login:</a> SUCCESS!

Directory Listing Test: SUCCESS!

Make Directory Test: SUCCESS!

Change Directory Test: SUCCESS!

Upload a File Test: SUCCESS!

Fallback Test for Optimization: SUCCESS!

Server State Test: SUCCESS!

File/Directory NameExists Test: SUCCESS!

File/Directory NOT Exists Test: SUCCESS!

TimeStamp Test: SUCCESS!

Rename Test: SUCCESS!

Move File To Sub Dir Test: SUCCESS!

Move File To Parent Dir Test: SUCCESS!

Change Permission test: Error.
If your FTP server runs on windows operating system, you may ignore this error.
If your FTP server runs on UNIX based operating system, please check
file/directory
permissions.
If you are using an anonymous or guest account, you might not have privileges
change permissions. Please check with your server administrator.

-------------------------------- FTP log from the last operation
-------------------------------
> CWD /c:/websites/aaa/mm_diagnose
< 250 Directory changed to /c:/websites/aaa/mm_diagnose
> SITE CHMOD 755 rename_test3_parent_.mm
< 501 SITE option not supported.
> CWD /c:/websites/aaa/mm_diagnose/rename_test3_parent_.mm
< 550 /c:/websites/aaa/mm_diagnose/rename_test3_parent_.mm: No such file or
directory.
> CWD /c:/websites/aaa/mm_diagnose
< 250 Directory changed to /c:/websites/aaa/mm_diagnose
> RNFR rename_test3_parent_.mm
< 350 File or directory exists, ready for destination name
> ABOR
< 226 ABOR command successful.

Cleaning Test File: SUCCESS!

Cleaning Test Directory: SUCCESS!