Professional Web Applications Themes

OS X Freezes PLEASE HELP!! - Mac Networking

I can't stand it anymore! My OS X always freezes when I am using a browser! I MEAN ALWAYS!! THIS IS DRIVING ME FREAKING CRAZY! And I even reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled everything after I did a partition between OS X and Classic! And I am STILL GETTING MAJOR DAMAGE thorugh Norton that I have to fix, even after the reformat! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? IS THERE A WAY TO FIX THIS DAMN OS X FREEZING ISSUE? I am using Jaquar 10.2.8! Should I upgrade to Panther? Will this fix the problem? Is there something I ...

  1. #1

    Default OS X Freezes PLEASE HELP!!

    I can't stand it anymore! My OS X always freezes when I am using a
    browser! I MEAN ALWAYS!! THIS IS DRIVING ME FREAKING CRAZY! And I
    even reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled everything after I did
    a partition between OS X and Classic! And I am STILL GETTING MAJOR
    DAMAGE thorugh Norton that I have to fix, even after the reformat!
    WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? IS THERE A WAY TO FIX THIS DAMN OS X
    FREEZING ISSUE? I am using Jaquar 10.2.8! Should I upgrade to Panther?
    Will this fix the problem? Is there something I can download from
    APPLE? I can't stand this anymore! THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON EVER SINCE
    I UPGRADED TO OS X!!!
    Thanks for you help! Please excuse my meltdown!
    Healthy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: OS X Freezes PLEASE HELP!!

    In article <google.com>,
    com (Healthy Stealthy ;) wrote:

    There is a known issue of OS X performance hits involving bad or
    marginal RAM.
    The discussion on Macintouch http://www.macintouch.com/badram01.html
    might be helpful.
    --
    Chuck Reti
    Detroit MI

  3. #3

    In article <com>,
    Chuck Reti <com.invalid> wrote:

    :> In article <google.com>,
    :> com (Healthy Stealthy ;) wrote:
    :>
[...]

    It might also be helpful to define what the user means by "freeze". I
    can't recall a single time, never, not once, since upgrading permanently
    to OS X (back with 10.1) when my system froze. I have always been able
    to get some kind of response unless I got an actual kernel panic, and I
    haven't experienced one of those in a very long time now.

    In addition, only certain versions of Norton will work without creating
    their own disk problems. I believe I understand that only 8.01 is
    "safe" with Panther. I'm reasonably sure that 6.x had problems in
    Jaguar that were mostly resolved by 7.x. Don't make a ready habit of
    trusting Norton without also doing other useful things like repairing
    permissions, running fsck from single-user boot, etc.

    = Steve =
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama

  4. #4

    In article <supernews.com>,
    "Steve W. Jackson" <net> wrote:

    If you run 8.0 from its own CD, it will work with any version of OS X.
    If you run 8.0 from a Panther system disk (e.g., a hard disk running
    Panther), it won't see the disks at all, so it can't do anything.

    8.0.1 fixed that problem.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.
    Michelle Guest