Whenever my dialup connection is dropped (due to "remote side not
responding"), the modem hangs when trying to disconnect; all I see is
"modem disconnecting" in Net Monitor's window. The only way I have been
able to get the modem to dial out again is to shut down my Mac and
restart it. I've tried quitting and restarting Net Monitor and
switching locations in Network preferences; neither of those helped.
Ethernet is not active, just the internal modem. Is there anything I
can do to "encourage" the modem to finish disconnecting? (I know about
the KB article that mentions a similar problem caused by a conflict
with certain Norton programs; I don't have any Norton products
installed.) [10.2.6, G3 iMac "Summer 2001"]

Thanks very much,

Emily

--
"If it seem slow, wait for it; it will surely come, it will not delay."
Emily Jackson