Professional Web Applications Themes

OSX Server Connections - Mac Applications & Software

Long ago in a distant land... Maybe not. Okay, my room mate got one of the early iMacs, and installed a decent sized HD in it. Now he has a G4 tower, and poor little DynaMon has been relegated to being the household mp3 server. Situation: When the HD was installed, my rommie sectioned it with a 4gig OSX partition, a 4gig OS9 partition a 1gig burn stuff from here partition, and the rest left to file storage. Please keep in mind that repartioning the thing is going to be more effort than it's worth. Finding 10 gig of spare ...

  1. #1

    Default OSX Server Connections

    Long ago in a distant land...

    Maybe not. Okay, my room mate got one of the early iMacs, and
    installed a decent sized HD in it. Now he has a G4 tower, and
    poor little DynaMon has been relegated to being the household
    mp3 server.

    Situation: When the HD was installed, my rommie sectioned it
    with a 4gig OSX partition, a 4gig OS9 partition a 1gig burn
    stuff from here partition, and the rest left to file storage.

    Please keep in mind that repartioning the thing is going to be
    more effort than it's worth. Finding 10 gig of spare space
    isn't easy.

    Now, we both can access the partitions that have systems on them
    from our machines, but the large file storage partition that we
    would _like_ to sit the apartment music collection in seems
    inaccessible from the "Connect To Server" menu item under 10's
    finder. What am I missing gang? Thanks!

    --
    | /\_/\ | The Genome Diversification Project
    |_( ^.^ )_| Because one sentient species on the planet
    | >`-'< | is simply too boring for words.
    +-Pounce!-+------Remove obvious spamtrap to email------
    Revanant Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: OSX Server Connections

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Revanant Morituri wrote:

    have you tried putting an alias or symlink to the inacessible partition in
    one of the accessible partitions?

    Fred

    Frederick Guest

  3. #3

    In article
    <srcf.societies.cam.ac.uk>
    ,
    Frederick Cheung <DUH.ucam.org> wrote:

    }On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Revanant Morituri wrote:
    }
    }> Long ago in a distant land...
    }>
[...]

    Yep. "You do not have permission to access this item". I bloody
    well DO, silly machine! I own the partition, and everything in it!
    I'm logged in as the owner! *grumble*

  4. #4

    In article
    <srcf.societies.cam.ac.uk>
    ,
[...]

    Ignore my previous response: that's the old pre-10.2.6 response. Now
    it says the volume cannot be found, and to please insert the volume.