Professional Web Applications Themes

OT: A challenge to Beverely - Mac Applications & Software

comnojunk (Leo) writes: [AOL TOS]  This is good advice. When will you follow it?   Could you follow this too? -- Dale J. Stephenson com 3/27/87 -- Ed Hearn for David Cone. 12/20/02 -- Millwood for Estrada Schuerholz has finally topped himself....

  1. #1

    Default Re: OT: A challenge to Beverely

    --
    Dale J. Stephenson
    com
    3/27/87 -- Ed Hearn for David Cone. 12/20/02 -- Millwood for Estrada
    Schuerholz has finally topped himself.
    Dale Guest

  2. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    BreadWithSpam@fractious.net Guest
    Moderated Post

  3. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Bev Guest
    Moderated Post

  4. #4

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 9:59:10 -0500, Leo wrote
    (in message <aol.com>):

    Such a pity.

    And if someone were to send this missive to AOL, showing that you quite
    literally _asked for it_...

    <missive filed away just in case the Diaper Boy ever reports me. Unlikely,
    given his evident cowardice.>

    Besides, Diaper Boy, I've got several AOL CDs with free AOL time on 'em here.
    If only AOL was available here, I'd be able to do exactly what you want...
    multiple times. For free.

    no it's not.

    no it's not.

    So your continual trolling wouldn't be allowed, eh? Excellent. I think that
    I'll collect a few of your posts and send 'em to AOL and see if I can get you
    bounced... using your very own words.

    How many sock-puppets do you have, again, Diaper Boy?

    Bull. AOL has no laws. They're not a sovereign entity.

    Damn, but this is even more idiotic than normal, even for the Diaper Boy.

    --
    We are Microsoft of Borg. You will be assimilated. Stability is irrelevant.
    Where _you_ want to go to today is irrelevant. We will add your currency to

    Charles Guest

  5. #5

    In article <aol.com>,
    comnojunk (Leo) wrote:

    Hey, I'll do that; I won't use the F word there, though, because it is
    cleary a violation of the TOS, but I will do the rest--as Bev did it,
    with appropriate links to your actual messages.

    The only thing I ask in turn is that you pay for the AOL account; I'm
    not going to waste my money.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.
    Michelle Guest

  6. #6

    Mike Rosenberg <invalid> wrote:

    Bev, if you want in on this, drop me an email.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Guest

  7. #7

    Mike Rosenberg <invalid> wrote:

    It just hit me - within the past couple of weeks, you said you were
    dropping your AOL account. Was that another of your lies?

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Guest

  8. #8

    >But I challenge you to sign up for an account on AOL, and call me

    Report me, diaper boy.

    --
    John Han
    I Guest

  9. #9

    << say that I wear diapers and have a fetish on
    Newsgroups, AOL message boards, E-mail, or chat, and we shall surely see what
    happens when I report you to TOS. >>

    Who needs to actually SAY it when you've said so in your own posts? Simply
    citing your own words:

    http://www.google.com/groups?selm=s5f_a.2771%247z1.2123%40newsread3.news .p
    as.earthlink.net&output=gplain

    Gee, SAYING you're wearing diapers, IN a diapers fetish newsgroup... Well, to
    me that implies something about you. Silly me!
    --
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see
    --John Lennon

  10. #10

    You never mentioned spanking in your challenge. Shall I cite your views on
    spanking?

  11. #11

    RubyTuesday <com> wrote:

    I have plenty of time... this weekend. The problem is that, as I've
    just discovered, the AOL message boards only let you search by keyword,
    not by screen name, and I'd have to go through everything thread by
    thread. I may well try, but it's going to be like looking for the
    proverbial needle in the haystack.

    If he's serious about proving what a good boy he is in the AOL boards, I
    challenge him to point me to his posts there so I can judge whether he's
    tell the truth for a change.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Guest

  12. #12

    Leo <comnojunk> wrote:

    I don't recall ever seeing someone say you BELONG in diapers. I agree
    with you that it would be harassment, but I believe people have only
    quoted you as having mentioned diapers in other newsgroups, which you
    have certainly done often.

    I see you're still doing the equivalent of driving on the wrong side of
    the street and blaming others for their responses. If you really drive
    a car on the wrong side of the street, others would be justifiably
    frustrated with you. You would agree with that, would you not? People
    will blast their horns at you, shout at you, give you the finger, etc.,
    and I think you would agree that you would deserve such responses.

    Why, then, can't you understand that people are responding as they do
    out of perfectly justified frustration?

    I think you misunderstand what is meant by hate speech. Neo-Nazis
    speaking out derogatorily against African-Americans, Jewish Americans,
    etc., is hate speech. Americans speaking out derogatorily against all
    Arabs and Muslims is hate speech. Simply quoting what another has said
    is, well, journalism.

    I've seen it pointed out to you numerous times that you post off-topic
    messages here.

    This, of course, has not happened here. However, I think pretending to
    be two different people, as you have done, would also be a TOS
    violation.

    Yes, several of which you routinely break yourself. Is this any
    different than telling people to follow the Ten Commandments while
    routinely breaking one or more yourself?

    Oh, the Usenet certainly has laws, in the form of charters, and you
    routinely break those laws.

    You have not demonstrated that YOU like abiding by laws.
    Sue Guest

  13. #13

    On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:03:31 -0400,
    Mike Rosenberg (invalid) wrote:

    With a good measure of thanks to Derek Newberry, we may not see our friend
    again. Derek (my friend, philosopher, and sysadmin) has the kind of
    personality that many people open up to. Our friend entered an email
    correspondence with him over the last couple days, and together they arrived
    at a decision that our friend would no longer post on the comp.sys.mac.*
    hierarchy.

    I admit I'll be pretty surprised if he lives up to his commitment, but he
    may surprise us yet. Already the frequency of his responses and posts have
    decreased considerably, so maybe there is something to Derek's counseling.

    Beverly
    --
    Bev A. Kupf
    Bev Guest

  14. #14

    In article <mimnet.northwestern.edu>,
    "Bev A. Kupf" <net> wrote:

    It may be a result of some people accepting his challenge--or a
    combination of the two.

    --Michelle

    --
    Never play strip tarot.
    Michelle Guest

  15. #15

    Bev A. Kupf <net> wrote:

    Wow! If this proves successful, I think we should all show our
    appreciation to him by chipping to buy him, I don't know, maybe a new
    car.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Guest

  16. #16

    Bev A. Kupf wrote:

    Most likely both!

    Steven Guest

  17. #17

    In article <1g0ip4d.jfux7r134wl81N%invalid>,
    invalid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:

    > Wow! If this proves successful, I think we should all show our
    > appreciation to him by chipping to buy him, I don't know, maybe a new
    > car.[/ref]

    Where do I send the check?

    Ruby
    RubyTuesday Guest

  18. #18

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:45:07 GMT,
    RubyTuesday (com) wrote:

    > Where do I send the check?[/ref]

    He's been compensated -- four-pack of Caffrey's. I had two cases shipped
    over two weeks ago from England (expatdirect.co.uk). Let's hope jwolf keeps
    up his resolve to stay away from here.

    Beverly
    --
    Bev A. Kupf
    Bev Guest

  19. #19

    Bev A. Kupf <net> wrote:

    Oh, but if the rest of us made equivalent cash contributions, we really
    could get him a new car.

    I dunno, maybe he really will, but right now I somehow feel the same as
    I do about Mideast cease fires. All we really know is that he hasn't
    posted to ANY newsgroup in the past couple of days, so it's impossible
    to say whether he's specifically staying away from the c.s.m. groups,
    because he could just be away for the holiday weekend.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Guest

  20. #20

    "Bev A. Kupf" <net> wrote:

    > > Where do I send the check?[/ref]
    >
    > He's been compensated -- four-pack of Caffrey's. I had two cases shipped
    > over two weeks ago from England (expatdirect.co.uk). Let's hope jwolf keeps
    > up his resolve to stay away from here.
    >
    > Beverly[/ref]

    I kneel at your feet. You are my hero - provided he stays away, of
    course :-)

    Ruby
    RubyTuesday Guest