Professional Web Applications Themes

OT: advice about costing... - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi all I've been wrestling with this for a few days and really need some advice. I'm setting up a shopping cart area of a clients site, which will be using Paypal. It's breaking down as follows: 130 products (images have been downloaded and reconstituted to fit clients colour scheme) 102 pop up windows depicting a larger graphic with some more detailed info relating to the particular product 21 product pages with it's own menu system relating to these products (using the Web Assist extension for paypal): each product has 4 steps to complete for the 'add to cart' code ...

  1. #1

    Default OT: advice about costing...

    Hi all

    I've been wrestling with this for a few days and really need some advice.
    I'm setting up a shopping cart area of a clients site, which will be using
    Paypal.

    It's breaking down as follows:

    130 products (images have been downloaded and reconstituted to fit clients
    colour scheme)
    102 pop up windows depicting a larger graphic with some more detailed info
    relating to the particular product
    21 product pages with it's own menu system relating to these products

    (using the Web Assist extension for paypal):
    each product has 4 steps to complete for the 'add to cart' code
    each product has 4 steps for the 'view cart' code

    These seem to be the main areas, and I know I'll probably undercharge, but I
    don't want go too high obviously either.

    If anyone has any advice I could sure use it. If they want me too email them
    off list I'd be happy to.

    Thanks

    Robe

    robe Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: advice about costing...

    Hi Robe,

    I can't give you any specific pricing, but why not do a test for yourself,
    do the 4 steps you were talking about and see how long it takes to get that
    done. Then multiply by the amount of products, add your hours that it would
    take to design the actual pages , add a little "padding" for the "unforseen
    and troubleshooting" and multiply by your hourly rate. Just make sure you
    write down all the steps required to get the website completed otherwise you
    may lose money :)

    Also, make sure that you specify in your contract exactly what is covered by
    your price so that the client knows exactly what they are getting for that
    price.

    That's probably the best advice I can offer. Remember that you will
    probably get faster the more products you add, (I don't know the extension,
    so not sure how long it does actually take).

    Hope this helps some ;)

    Nadia

    [url]http://www.perrelink.com.au/resources[/url]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Design Templates, Nav Bars and Business Tools
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :: Ecommerce & Content Management System::
    [url]http://www.yourvirtualstore.net/yvsa4.asp[/url]
    Enter "nadia" into coupon box if buying
    and receive a 15% discount !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "robe" <rob.stout07nospambtopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > I've been wrestling with this for a few days and really need some advice.
    > I'm setting up a shopping cart area of a clients site, which will be using
    > Paypal.
    >
    > It's breaking down as follows:
    >
    > 130 products (images have been downloaded and reconstituted to fit clients
    > colour scheme)
    > 102 pop up windows depicting a larger graphic with some more detailed info
    > relating to the particular product
    > 21 product pages with it's own menu system relating to these products
    >
    > (using the Web Assist extension for paypal):
    > each product has 4 steps to complete for the 'add to cart' code
    > each product has 4 steps for the 'view cart' code
    >
    > These seem to be the main areas, and I know I'll probably undercharge, but
    > don't want go too high obviously either.
    >
    > If anyone has any advice I could sure use it. If they want me too email
    them
    > off list I'd be happy to.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Robe

    Nadia *TWB* Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for your thoughts Nadia, your reply allowed me to clear my head for a
    minute. Appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Robe

    robe Guest

  4. #4

    > Thanks for your thoughts Nadia, your reply allowed me to clear my head for
    > minute. Appreciate it.
    > Thanks
    > Robe

    You are welcome and good luck with the project. :)

    Nadia

    [url]http://www.perrelink.com.au/resources[/url]
    Design Templates, Nav Bars & Business Tools