Professional Web Applications Themes

OT Another "this is a great forum" thread - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Maybe it's the Absolute Citrone talking but I just want to say that I really appreciate the folks that make this such a great and informative place to hang out. I haven't been able to "hang" as much as I'd like recently and have had to resort to "lurking" for the better part of 4 months due to time constraints. But Since I started posting here, way back when, I've learned so much it's amazing. My hope is that the times I've posted, I've helped others as much as you all have helped me. So, on that note, I'd just ...

  1. #1

    Default OT Another "this is a great forum" thread

    Maybe it's the Absolute Citrone talking but I just want to say that I really appreciate the folks that make this such a great and informative place to hang out. I haven't been able to "hang" as much as I'd like recently and have had to resort to "lurking" for the better part of 4 months due to time constraints. But Since I started posting here, way back when, I've learned so much it's amazing. My hope is that the times I've posted, I've helped others as much as you all have helped me.

    So, on that note, I'd just like to personally thank some of the folks that have helped me and that I think make this the best forum on the web. I hesitate because I don't want to leave anyone out. Even so I think it's appropriate.

    Barb B. OS X expert extrodinare, and an awesome harpist to boot! (when are you going be available for download at the iTMS?). How she does what she does here and finds time for her career is beyond me. Back when I was posting regularly, if someone beat me to an answer/post, it was Barb.

    Chuck S. All around great guy and extremely knowledgeable with PS and PSE. He's a PC guy but I can't hold that against him ;-).<duck's as Bob H. flings an anti Mac vs. PC mod> More times than not, Chuck has the answers.

    Beth H. She's still stuck in OS 9 (at least part time), but is always ready and willing to help. Plus she (and Barb B.) tends to see the simple and easiest solutions first (as opposed to me who can spend an hour trouble shooting a typo).

    Mark R. He uses a Mac and always tries to help. (You gotta like the guy. ;-)) He's helped me (whether he knows it or not) on a number of occasions.

    Jodi F. Me = artistically challenged. Jodi = artiste! She's got more artistic talent in her little toe than I do collectively in every bone in my body. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    Brent B. Always has great advice when I ask a stupid scanning question. He's an Epson guy (like me) and has been a wealth of great advice. As my family's designated genealogist and archivist, his advice has proven invaluable.

    Grant D. What can you say. Anyone who would give the time he does to the challenges (hard drive space, bandwidth, ect), well, I think there just might be sainthood in it for him. I have only participated in a few challenges (reread my comments re Jodi F for reasons why) but enjoy immensely the challenges, especially the artists pages. It's so much fun putting faces to the names. :-) Ok I just read that "joke sort of" thread. I have to take back 1/7 of the nice things I said about Grant for posting that (just kidding). What the heck was that guy on anyway?

    Mac M. Always a short concise answer, whether you wanted one or not! :-)

    iMacgirl. You can't pick a better name, can you? I need to find the time to work another MacMerc tutorial with you.

    See, that's the problem with these smarmy "this is the greatest forum in the world" threads. There are just too many great folks contributing/participating here that you don't know when to stop and you're sure to leave someone out.

    Anyway, thanks for everything folks. I'm truly sorry that I didn't mention everyone here that deserves it. This would be the world's longest post if I did. I can't tell you how much I've gotten from this place.

    Ok, gotta go to work now but will be diligently and greatfully lurking.

    Joe
    Joe Henry1000 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: OT Another "this is a great forum" thread

    Joe, you've been greatly missed...I was wondering where you had been. Glad you're back! I'll look forward to tackling another tutorial with you any time...that was fun!

    :-)

    Barb
    imacgirl Guest

  3. #3

    Joe,
    Thank You for your kind words...funny indeed, it inspires me that i inspire you ;)
    Jodi Frye Guest

  4. #4

    Gee, thanks, Joe. It's nice to see you back again. I hope you'll be around more now and maybe do another challenge entry or two or four.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  5. #5

    Thank you Joe.

    Just add your name to that list though. You have been missed and you certainly helped contribute both in advice and personal qualities to this wonderful forum community.

    You've always been very generous with your help to others when you haven't been so busy.

    I've never tried Absolute Citrone. Hmmm. I'm curious now.
    Mark Reibman Guest

  6. #6

    Thank you, Joe
    Like you, lately I've been "off the air" a lot recently . I tune in every day , though , to see what's going on. The nice thing that I see, is that as we all gain experience, the knowledgebase just spreads out .

    :-)

    Brent
    brent bertram Guest

  7. #7

    Well, we've been missing you, too, Joe! Thanks for the kind words, but let's face it: The forum is a great place because it's a sum of its parts!
    Beth Haney Guest