Professional Web Applications Themes

OT: ATTACK TO MY SYSTEM - PERL Beginners

No thanks. I have a 99.9% fool proof system. Any email comes in and the sender is sent a notice to verify them selves. Which they do via a web based form then it is passed on. -That way autoreply functions don't automatically verify them. - what about submitting the form automatically you say? - they have to enter text that is randomly generated in an image into the form. - each string can only be used once and for a limited amoutn of time so trying every combonation (they only get 5 chances) or looking at the form's source ...

  1. #1

    Default RE: OT: RE: ATTACK TO MY SYSTEM

    No thanks. I have a 99.9% fool proof system.

    Any email comes in and the sender is sent a notice to verify them selves.
    Which they do via a web based form then it is passed on.
    -That way autoreply functions don't automatically verify them.
    - what about submitting the form automatically you say?
    - they have to enter text that is randomly generated in an image into the form.
    - each string can only be used once and for a limited amoutn of time so trying every combonation
    (they only get 5 chances) or looking at the form's source and using the value's in it won't work.

    Each user can personally specify which file extensions/and
    mime types they don't want.
    Also you can automatically set unknown user's to default to
    plain/text only untill they are verified and I set their address to be allowed certain types.

    It would be 100% fool proof but they can always send as a verified email account.
    But that's why I, personally have, most people's email changed to
    plain/text and others only allow images. That way they can spam me all day long but
    There will be 100% no viruses. ( of course it's not on this email addrss as it's a stupid exchange account, doh!)

    What about valid email that won't get verified, like the verification and info for your next airplane trip?
    There's a web based queue manager where you can view and forward on to your self any messages that havn't been
    Verified.

    It's quite slick really, and all in perl I might add, bring it full circle!

    Yes multilayered security is good.

    Ok I'm really finished,

    See you all later

    Dmuey
    Dan Muey Guest

  2. #2

    I'd be interested to see how that works. Would you mind sharing?

    -Dan

    On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 17:05, Dan Muey wrote:
    > No thanks. I have a 99.9% fool proof system.
    >
    > Any email comes in and the sender is sent a notice to verify them selves.
    > Which they do via a web based form then it is passed on.
    > -That way autoreply functions don't automatically verify them.
    > - what about submitting the form automatically you say?
    > - they have to enter text that is randomly generated in an image into the form.
    > - each string can only be used once and for a limited amoutn of time so trying every combonation
    > (they only get 5 chances) or looking at the form's source and using the value's in it won't work.
    >
    > Each user can personally specify which file extensions/and
    > mime types they don't want.
    > Also you can automatically set unknown user's to default to
    > plain/text only untill they are verified and I set their address to be allowed certain types.
    >
    > It would be 100% fool proof but they can always send as a verified email account.
    > But that's why I, personally have, most people's email changed to
    > plain/text and others only allow images. That way they can spam me all day long but
    > There will be 100% no viruses. ( of course it's not on this email addrss as it's a stupid exchange account, doh!)
    >
    > What about valid email that won't get verified, like the verification and info for your next airplane trip?
    > There's a web based queue manager where you can view and forward on to your self any messages that havn't been
    > Verified.
    >
    > It's quite slick really, and all in perl I might add, bring it full circle!
    >
    > Yes multilayered security is good.
    >
    > Ok I'm really finished,
    >
    > See you all later
    >
    > Dmuey