Professional Web Applications Themes

OT: Comcast Outage. - Windows Vista

We had a Comcast Outage here in Algonquin, IL today. Our Digital Cable, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone Service were all out, earlier today. Anyone else have the same Problem?...

  1. #1

    Default OT: Comcast Outage.

    We had a Comcast Outage here in Algonquin, IL today. Our Digital Cable,
    High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone Service were all out, earlier today.
    Anyone else have the same Problem?

    Kevin Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Comcast Outage.

    I live in the UK, and have seperate providers for each.
    This way, things don't completly break down when one service goes down :o)

    --
    Zack Whittaker
    ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk

    --: Original message follows :--
    "Kevin John Panzke" <hotmail.com> wrote in message

    Zack Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: OT: Comcast Outage.

    Kevin John Panzke wrote:
    No, but I stayed at a Motel 6 last night!
    Frank
    Frank Guest

  4. #4

    I live in Jamaica WI, my ISP is Cable & Wireless (but I call them Cable &
    Worthless).
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    "Zack Whittaker" <co.uk> wrote in message

    >[/ref]

    Andre Guest

  5. #5

    Kevin, your outage was most likely a local event and not widely felt. By the
    way I live in the same state as you, and not too far down the road from "The
    Chain of Lakes" area, but my service is wide open west
    and have experienced no problems.
    I have noticed thou, that every time a new TPS or internal build of Vista
    comes out, I can hear you screaming from my place, and I don't even have my
    computer on.

    Regards

    "Kevin John Panzke" <hotmail.com> wrote in message

    Tim Guest

  6. #6

    P.S. I am on Strike Again (after Another one of my Hard Disk Drive's went
    Bad).

    "Kevin John Panzke" <hotmail.com> wrote in message

    Kevin Guest

  7. #7

    Are you saying that the the drives are mechanically damaged or the software
    on the drive got corrupted?

    Regards

    >[/ref]

    Tim Guest

  8. #8

    Mechanically Damaged.

    "Tim Sands" <com> wrote in message

    >>[/ref]
    >[/ref]

    Kevin Guest

  9. #9

    Kevin John Panzke wrote:

    >[/ref]
    They're not waterproof you know! Not like the yellow duckies in your
    bathtub.
    Frank
    Frank Guest

  10. #10

    What was very weird is that when we tried to call Comcast (from a Neighbor's
    House) at 1-800-com-cast, all we got was a Busy Signal.

    >[/ref]

    Kevin Guest

  11. #11

    My Question is directed at other Comcast Customers (We got a Busy Signal
    when we tried to call Comcast at 1-800-com-cast from a Neighbor's House).

    "Frank" <cmm> wrote in message
    > No, but I stayed at a Motel 6 last night!
    > Frank[/ref]

    Kevin Guest

  12. #12

    Not likely that Comcast would have an outage on a national scale. All was
    well in Pennsylvania, TV, Internet, and phone.

    "Frank" <cmm> wrote in message

    >>[/ref]
    > They're not waterproof you know! Not like the yellow duckies in your
    > bathtub.
    > Frank[/ref]

    Puppy Guest

  13. #13

    What is weird is we Never get Outages in our Sub-Division (Unless they are
    Upgrading something or another), and the 1-800-com-cast Phone Number was
    Jammed with a Busy Signal.

    "Puppy Breath" <net> wrote in message
    >> They're not waterproof you know! Not like the yellow duckies in your
    >> bathtub.
    >> Frank[/ref]
    >[/ref]

    Kevin Guest

  14. #14

    Not so weird. I would think Comcast would be using there own service, and if
    the system went down, then theirs would too, Thus the busy signal.
    Anyway this is not the newsgroup to be dissussing this. I wouldn't be
    surprised that Comcast has there own newsgroup to post to.
    God bless Vista 5365.
    Regards

    >>[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    Tim Guest

  15. #15

    Kevin John Panzke wrote:
    >>[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]
    Ut-oh! They could be spying on you!
    Have you done a bug sweep lately?
    Frank
    Frank Guest

  16. #16

    We use landlines and VoIP here in my house - very cheap calls :o)

    --

    "Frank" <cmm> wrote in message

    >>[/ref]
    > Ut-oh! They could be spying on you!
    > Have you done a bug sweep lately?
    > Frank[/ref]

    Zack Guest

  17. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Homer Guest
    Moderated Post

  18. #18

    > Mechanically Damaged.

    Looks like my previous reply got deleted. Let's try something else...

    Describe how an operating system can mechanically damage a hard drive.

    Homer Guest