Professional Web Applications Themes

OT- Dude, I'm gettin' a Dell - Macromedia Fireworks

Sorry my bad...it's a Latitude D600. :) BR "Bill Ray" <billbillraydrums.com_BLAH> wrote in message news:bfmcl0$9pq$1forums.macromedia.com... > So my trusty IBM Thinkpad 600e is aging very gracefully and has just > developed the first signs of dementia (screen backlight is getting flaky) > > SO........I just put in an order for the new D600 Inspirion...the one with > the new Centrino package. > > The stats- > > 1.30Ghz Pentium M, 60GB HD, 512 RAM, Wireless enabled, 32 MB Raedon video > card and a 14.1 display. > > As I sit and watch it's progress on the Dell site (they ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: OT- Dude, I'm gettin' a Dell

    Sorry my bad...it's a Latitude D600. :)

    BR

    "Bill Ray" <billbillraydrums.com_BLAH> wrote in message
    > So my trusty IBM Thinkpad 600e is aging very gracefully and has just
    > developed the first signs of dementia (screen backlight is getting flaky)
    >
    > SO........I just put in an order for the new D600 Inspirion...the one with
    > the new Centrino package.
    >
    > The stats-
    >
    > 1.30Ghz Pentium M, 60GB HD, 512 RAM, Wireless enabled, 32 MB Raedon video
    > card and a 14.1 display.
    >
    > As I sit and watch it's progress on the Dell site (they fill you in on
    it's
    > progress) it looks like it will ship today. Soooooooo I will give the full
    > report soon! :)
    >
    > BR

    Bill Ray Guest

  2. #2

    OT-I'm leaving for lunch. Not sure where, but I'll give a full report when I
    get back.

    ;o)

    darrel Guest

  3. #3

    LOL.. Right. I bought an eMac 700 one year ago and paid $1099, and
    upgraded to Jaguar a few months later for another $120. Today, I could
    get the same machine with Jaguar for $799. So much for enthusiasm. :-)

    John

    John Tucker Guest

  4. #4

    "darrel" wrote in message ...
    : OT-I'm leaving for lunch. Not sure where, but I'll give a full report when
    : get back.
    :
    : ;o)
    :
    :
    One hell of a lunch Darrel...

    Peter R. Guest

  5. #5

    //...Athlon 600 256Mb/133mhz could NOT it should have read. Sorry!

    --
    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

    Please do not E-mail me with questions about Fireworks issues. Post them
    on the Forum instead. All the time I have left to spend in this Forum
    can't be contributed to also answering questions outside the Forum. It
    just takes too much time and it doesn't help the rest of the world.

    Thank you.

    E-mail & MSN: [email]ccnkhome.nl[/email]
    Corporate: [url]http://www.wetworks.nl[/url]

    Coen Naninck Guest

  6. #6

    My desktop machine is a 450Mhz PIII which does everything required of it.

    Rich

    Richiebee Guest

  7. #7

    "Peter R." <flashreclusivebillionaire.com> wrote in message
    :
    > One hell of a lunch Darrel...

    He must be management!

    Rich

    Richiebee Guest

  8. #8

    > He must be management!
    Oh no. Not at all.

    I did enjoy a nice panini turkey and brucheta sandwich and potato chips at
    the local cyber cafe.

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  9. #9

    "darrel" wrote in message ...
    :
    : > He must be management!
    :
    : Oh no. Not at all.
    :
    : I did enjoy a nice panini turkey and brucheta sandwich and potato chips at
    : the local cyber cafe.
    :
    Always best not to rush your food!

    (;o)

    Peter R. Guest

  10. #10

    Agreed. This ol' Thinkpad is about 4 years old and at the time of it's birth
    was a $3,500 machine. Got it on Ebay for $350. It's a PII 366 with 294MB RAM
    and a 12 GB HD......and I love it dearly. It's what I do all my work on and
    as far as portability goes it's thin and light (well, at least for it's
    vintage)

    I'll keep this one until it finally passes away then bury it in the
    backyard. :)

    But Methinks I will create a little table for it and leave it plugged in in
    the front room; a "guest" computer!! :)

    BR

  11. #11

    Coen,

    That's very true. There's a good article in the August edition of
    Macworld that discusses the difference between speed and power.
    Although, I have to admit it is nice to have a machine that boogies. :-)

    John

    John Tucker Guest

  12. #12

    My new machine is gonna DISCO!!!

    BR

    :)

    "John Tucker" <johnNOSPAMlonestarwebsolutions.com> wrote in message
    > Coen,
    >
    > That's very true. There's a good article in the August edition of
    > Macworld that discusses the difference between speed and power.
    > Although, I have to admit it is nice to have a machine that boogies. :-)
    >
    > John

    Bill Ray Guest

  13. #13

    Now that's going way back! :-))

    John

    John Tucker Guest

  14. #14

    > I'll keep this one until it finally passes away then bury it in the
    > backyard. :)

    Yeah, an' then you get a fine for spoiling the environment... LOL!

  15. #15

    It sure does John, but then again my system "still" does (boogie!)

    Aww you know what Al Bundy always says: "Every now an' then a guy that
    drives a Volkswagen wants to close his eyes and remember it's a Ferrari!"

    --
    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck

  16. #16

    Actually, that's a 'Dodge', not a Volkswagen. ;-)

    --
    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck