Professional Web Applications Themes

OT: Found a Free Utility For Creating Textures and Patterns - Macromedia Fireworks

Hope this is ok to post...it doesn't compete with FW as far as I can tell (and I have nothing to do with this company -at all!) and it seems to be a terrific complement to FW. It's a small, free utility just for making textures and patterns. I also recommend downloading the samples as they can also be used as starting points and to learn how make your own patterns and textures and see some of the possibilities. Really makes doing patterns and textures a snap or altering an existing one to better meet your needs. [url]http://www.axiomx.com/PixelToolbox/index.htm[/url] Regards, Pat...

  1. #1

    Default OT: Found a Free Utility For Creating Textures and Patterns

    Hope this is ok to post...it doesn't compete with FW as far as I can tell
    (and I have nothing to do with this company -at all!) and it seems to be a
    terrific complement to FW. It's a small, free utility just for making
    textures and patterns. I also recommend downloading the samples as they can
    also be used as starting points and to learn how make your own patterns and
    textures and see some of the possibilities. Really makes doing patterns and
    textures a snap or altering an existing one to better meet your needs.

    [url]http://www.axiomx.com/PixelToolbox/index.htm[/url]

    Regards, Pat

    Pat Guest

  2. #2

    Just what I need, something else to further stuff my already stuffed hard
    drive, thanks Pat! Of course I absolutely have to try it out :)

    Lisa

    "Pat" <bingen100hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hope this is ok to post...it doesn't compete with FW as far as I can tell
    > (and I have nothing to do with this company -at all!) and it seems to be a
    > terrific complement to FW. It's a small, free utility just for making
    > textures and patterns. I also recommend downloading the samples as they
    can
    > also be used as starting points and to learn how make your own patterns
    and
    > textures and see some of the possibilities. Really makes doing patterns
    and
    > textures a snap or altering an existing one to better meet your needs.
    >
    > [url]http://www.axiomx.com/PixelToolbox/index.htm[/url]
    >
    > Regards, Pat

    Lisa Pons-Labelle Guest

  3. #3

    I got 37 gigs of a 60 gig drive left. Bring it on.........

    :)

    --

    BR
    [url]www.billraydrums.com[/url]

    "Lisa Pons-Labelle" <lisapons-labelle.com> wrote in message
    > Just what I need, something else to further stuff my already stuffed hard
    > drive, thanks Pat! Of course I absolutely have to try it out :)
    >
    > Lisa
    >

    > "Pat" <bingen100hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hope this is ok to post...it doesn't compete with FW as far as I can
    tell
    > > (and I have nothing to do with this company -at all!) and it seems to be
    > > terrific complement to FW. It's a small, free utility just for making
    > > textures and patterns. I also recommend downloading the samples as they
    > can
    > > also be used as starting points and to learn how make your own patterns
    > and
    > > textures and see some of the possibilities. Really makes doing patterns
    > and
    > > textures a snap or altering an existing one to better meet your needs.
    > >
    > > [url]http://www.axiomx.com/PixelToolbox/index.htm[/url]
    > >
    > > Regards, Pat

    Bill Ray Guest

  4. #4

    "Pat" <bingen100hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hope this is ok to post...it doesn't compete with FW as far as I can tell
    > (and I have nothing to do with this company -at all!) and it seems to be a
    > terrific complement to FW. It's a small, free utility just for making
    > textures and patterns. I also recommend downloading the samples as they
    can
    > also be used as starting points and to learn how make your own patterns
    and
    > textures and see some of the possibilities. Really makes doing patterns
    and
    > textures a snap or altering an existing one to better meet your needs.
    >
    > [url]http://www.axiomx.com/PixelToolbox/index.htm[/url]
    >
    > Regards, Pat

    Well, if you're after textures and patterns generation software, just ask
    :-) IMHO [url]http://www.i-tex.de/[/url] offers quite capable freeware and "too much
    capable" shareware tools for Windows, plus some excellent packs of rendered
    textures. And, for Win only again, I beleive some of my own plugins from
    [url]http://photoshop.msk.ru/as/[/url] may be useful for texture generating since they
    have options for "wrap around" processing.

    Ilyich.
    Ilya Razmanov (a.k.a. Ilyich the Toad)
    [url]http://photoshop.msk.ru/[/url] - Photoshop plug-in filters
    "How did I get into this mess? I really don't know how. We
    seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life." - C3PO, Star Wars

    Ilya Razmanov Guest

  5. #5

    :
    : [url]http://www.axiomx.com/PixelToolbox/index.htm[/url]
    :

    Thanks Pat,

    I also downloaded PicTexter from the same source.

    What fun, but I'm not sure 'web standard' fanatics would approve.

    Check out the source code. Open in full screen mode for the full effect.

    [url]http://www.fasterthanu.com/textart.html[/url]

    Peter R.

    Peter R Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks for the post. You might also be interested in

    [url]http://www.redfieldplugins.com/[/url]

    Seamless workshop is free and works WITHIN Fireworks.

    Haven't had a chance to check out everything on the page yet.

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "Pat" <bingen100hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hope this is ok to post...it doesn't compete with FW as far as I can tell
    > (and I have nothing to do with this company -at all!) and it seems to be a
    > terrific complement to FW. It's a small, free utility just for making
    > textures and patterns. I also recommend downloading the samples as they
    can
    > also be used as starting points and to learn how make your own patterns
    and
    > textures and see some of the possibilities. Really makes doing patterns
    and
    > textures a snap or altering an existing one to better meet your needs.

    Sam Poikail Guest

  7. #7

    "Sam Poikail" <indigo_wolfSPAMBITEShotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the post. You might also be interested in
    >
    > [url]http://www.redfieldplugins.com/[/url]
    >
    > Seamless workshop is free and works WITHIN Fireworks.
    >
    > Haven't had a chance to check out everything on the page yet.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Sam

    My, I should have remembered about Redfield stuff. About the only reason why
    I forgot to mention it is that I somehow too much used to it, so I consider
    having these plugins as "normal, by defaut". I must admit that some of his
    plugins are somewhat complicated... no surprise, they are most powerful as
    well :-) Anyway, give them a try.

  8. #8

    Peter:

    Nice effect, but this would have to be converted to a gif or jpg screen
    shot! Thanks for the demo!

    Pat

    Pat Guest

  9. #9

    "Pat" wrote in message ...
    :
    : Nice effect, but this would have to be converted to a gif or jpg screen
    : shot! Thanks for the demo!
    :

    Thanks Pat,

    I don't really see it has much practical use. To get an image and recreate
    it using text and then turn it back into an image seems just a little
    bizarre.

    It did occur to me that it would be a nice trick to play on people who try
    and pinch your images. Instead of downloading the image they thought they
    were getting the got one made out of copyright symbols instead :^)

    Peter R.

    Peter Guest