Professional Web Applications Themes

OT: See you in six weeks - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I'm about to lose most internet access for six weeks - I'll be in Toronto for a week from Sunday, then North Adams (wherever that is...) for a couple of days then London for four weeks. I'll be checking my email from time to time, so if anyone who lives within hail of those places wants to have a chat and a cup of coffee, please email me at [email]sestewartozemail.com.au[/email] Enjoy playing with Elements - I'll be taking pictures but my husband's laptop is an Elements free zone (too old an operating system to run PE2) so I'll have plenty ...

  1. #1

    Default OT: See you in six weeks

    I'm about to lose most internet access for six weeks - I'll be in Toronto for a week from Sunday, then North Adams (wherever that is...) for a couple of days then London for four weeks. I'll be checking my email from time to time, so if anyone who lives within hail of those places wants to have a chat and a cup of coffee, please email me at [email]sestewartozemail.com.au[/email] Enjoy playing with Elements - I'll be taking pictures but my husband's laptop is an Elements free zone (too old an operating system to run PE2) so I'll have plenty to do when I get back!

    Susan S.
    Susan S. Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: OT: See you in six weeks

    then London for four weeks

    I'm so jealous! Tip a pint for me (unless of course you don't partake in such things;-). Have a great trip!

    Joe
    Joe Henry1000 Guest

  3. #3

    Default See you in six weeks

    Susan, have a safe and merry trip! Toronto is a lovely city, you'll enjoy it I am sure! They even
    have air conditionning in the subway trains! Who could ask for more? :) Next time, if you plan on
    visiting Montreal, I'll not only offer you the cup of coffee, but the whole breakfast that goes with
    it :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  4. #4

    Susan,

    We will certainly miss you. Have a safe and enjoyable journey.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  5. #5

    While you are having a wonderful time you will certainly be missed here on the Forum. I don't ask many questions, but find your answers to others extremely helpful. You give the help step by step, which is so neat! I thank you for that and will be glad when you are back with us! Dorothy
    D. Brinkmann Guest

  6. #6

    Bon voyage, Susan - we'll miss you!!

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  7. #7

    6 weeks seems like a lifetime to me ! Will miss you. Take good care.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  8. #8

    Have a lovely trip, Susan! Nice time of year to be going.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  9. #9

    Have a very safe and enjoyable trip, Susan! We'll miss you, but we'll also look forward to seeing some of those pictures when you get back!
    Beth Haney Guest

  10. #10

    Wishing you a wonderful trip Susan. You'll be missed.
    Mark Reibman Guest

  11. #11

    Susan,

    I hope you have a wonderful time. When I was traveling a lot, I would always try to go thru London so I could catch the shows if nothing else. I also happen to like the food whatever anybody says. I will personally miss you as I have found you a reliable source of information I can use.

    Carl
    carl sutherland Guest

  12. #12

    Susan, have a wonderful time.

    When will you be in London? In October I 'll have to stage a small seminar on environmental portraiture and judge a print competion near Cambridge and we might be able to meet. Although I will have rather little time left, you can always attend the seminar as my guest.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  13. #13

    SUSAN,
    bon voyage ... bon a petite .. and elsewise have a nice trip.
    I'll look forward to your return.
    Marty
    Marty Landolt Guest

  14. #14

    Hmmm. I thought I replied to this. Oh well, my brain is obviously turned to jelly with the stress of travel!

    Thank you for the good wishes. I'm going to miss you all.

    Leen - please email me (address in the first post)- as my husband is working in Cambridge for the last two weeks of our trip, I may well be popping up there from London for a day, and i would love to catch up in person.
    Susan S
    Susan S. Guest

  15. #15

    Susan,

    When in the UK, as a pedestrian please watch out with crossing streets and roads. The cars come from the left. Something that is easily forgotten if you are used to cars coming from the right.
    It nearly got me once.

    By the way, something I always wanted to ask: What does "OT" mean?

    Have a nice trip.

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  16. #16

    Robert - here in Aus we drive on the correct (ie left!) side of the road anyway. It's in the US that I'm more likely to get mown down. OT means Off Topic - my post was not discussing the topic that thiis forum is really meant for!

    Susan S
    Susan S. Guest

  17. #17

    Robert

    You've obviously not spent a lot of time in UK cities. The average speed in town wouldn't make a tortoise sweat.

    The biggest problem is winding your way through all of the stationary cars when trying to cross the road.

    Susan - have a great time, early autumn (when the weather is OK) is the best time (as you know, being an ex-pat) to be a tourist here, not as many tourists to get in your way.

    Paul
    Paul L UK Guest

  18. #18

    Paul,

    You may have been a bit too hasty with your first remark.
    I lived and worked for 3 years in London, mainly in the west end and Chelsea. Some of the busier spots.
    Although I quickly got used to the traffic being on the left side (i.e. the wrong side for us from the continent)I still got caught out occasionally, especially when in conversation with some one.

    Susan, thank you for the OT. I always wanted to ask that question.

    have a good time.

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  19. #19

    Welcome to London. The main hazard on the road is the fool using his mobile bloody phone.

    But then, the most dangerous part of a car is the nut behind the wheel.

    Or, to be upbeat and less O/T to this forum: the most important component of a camera is the nut on the shutter!

    Andrew
    Andrew Turek Guest

  20. #20

    Hi Susan, What a wonderful trip! Forget the lack of internet access, have a great time, take lots of pictures. Enjoy, vacations and holidays go by altogether too fast!
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast