Professional Web Applications Themes

OT: topstyle vs. stylemaster - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Just curious... which CSS editor do those of you who use such things prefer? The two I keep hearing about are topstyle and stylemaster. I've used the demo for topstyle, and am downloading the stylemaster demo now. Thanks, Lance -- Lance Goins [url]http://makeashorterlink.com/?X165518A2[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default OT: topstyle vs. stylemaster

    --
    Lance Goins
    [url]http://makeashorterlink.com/?X165518A2[/url]

    Lance Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: topstyle vs. stylemaster

    Hi Lance

    Can't comment on Stylemaster - TopStyle is great (in my opinion)

    You need to have an decent understanding of CSS to take full advantage of
    the program.

    - Mick

    <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>
    [url]www.mickwood.com[/url]
    Web Hosting & Design for Christian Organisations

  3. #3

    I could live without DW (if i had to) but no one will ever get me to part with
    TopStyle! Can't comment on Style master cuz I've never used it. Why would I,
    when TopStyle will do more than I ever wanted??

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "Lance" <ldg123GOAWAYSPAMou.edu> wrote in message
    > Just curious... which CSS editor do those of you who use such things prefer?
    >
    > The two I keep hearing about are topstyle and stylemaster. I've used the
    > demo for topstyle, and am downloading the stylemaster demo now.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Lance
    >

    > --
    > Lance Goins
    > [url]http://makeashorterlink.com/?X165518A2[/url]

    DiMa Guest

  4. #4

    Lance

    I use Style Master and have used TopStyle also. Both are excellent CSS
    editors and TopStyle has the added feature of 'linking' directly with
    Dreamweaver MX.

    Still - most of my CSS work is hand-coded because I find it easier in
    many cases.

    Flip a coin - you'll like either/both applications.
    > > Just curious... which CSS editor do those of you who use such things prefer?
    > >
    > > The two I keep hearing about are topstyle and stylemaster. I've used the
    > > demo for topstyle, and am downloading the stylemaster demo now.
    > >

    > > Thanks,
    > > Lance
    > >

    > > --
    > > Lance Goins
    j.e.b. Guest

  5. #5

    I hand code in TopStyle and love the benefit of being able to see the preview
    as I code alone. Ah, sweet luxury!

    DiMa
    --------------------

    "j.e.b." <spamblockerno-spam.org> wrote in message

    > Lance
    >
    > I use Style Master and have used TopStyle also. Both are excellent CSS
    > editors and TopStyle has the added feature of 'linking' directly with
    > Dreamweaver MX.
    >
    > Still - most of my CSS work is hand-coded because I find it easier in
    > many cases.
    >
    > Flip a coin - you'll like either/both applications.
    >
    > > > Just curious... which CSS editor do those of you who use such things
    prefer?

    > > > The two I keep hearing about are topstyle and stylemaster. I've used the
    > > > demo for topstyle, and am downloading the stylemaster demo now.
    > > >

    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Lance
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > Lance Goins

    DiMa Guest

  6. #6

    Lance wrote:
    :: Just curious... which CSS editor do those of you who use such things
    :: prefer?
    ::
    :: The two I keep hearing about are topstyle and stylemaster. I've used
    :: the demo for topstyle, and am downloading the stylemaster demo now.

    I like TopStyle. I got the trial version more than a year ago, fell in love
    with it immediately, and have used it ever since. But don't take my word for
    it. I'm biased because I have an affiliate link. The best thing is to try it
    out for yourself, compare the two programs, and see which suits your own
    style of working. If you do decide to go with TopStyle in the end, you might
    like to take advantage of the offer in my sig (just follow the link).

    --
    David Powers
    No-nonsense reviews of computer books

    David Powers Guest

  7. #7

    DiMa wrote:
    > I hand code in TopStyle and love the benefit of being able to see the preview
    > as I code alone. Ah, sweet luxury!
    You code alone?

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  8. #8

    LOL "code along". And yes...I code...alone...<sniffle> It's a sad sad story.

    Ok. Not compLETELY alone. pixelPuff (the cat) sleeps on my feet as I code. Puck
    (other cat) sleeps behind me as I code. Moth (other cat) sleeps beside me as I
    code. And sometimes there is a parasite who hangs from my arm saying,
    "moooooooooooooooooooom...can you do this?? Can you do that?? I want this! I
    need that! I'll give you a hug if you give it to me..."

    So not entirely alone, no. :)

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "Dan Vendel *GOF*" <see_my_signature__the_bottom_of_the_post.com> wrote in
    message news:3F15D0C3.7010000_the_bottom_of_the_post.com. ..

  9. #9

    "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in
    > And sometimes there is a parasite saying,
    > "...can you do this?? Can you do that?? I want
    > this! I need that! I'll give you a hug if you give it to me..."

    Admit it, you like me really! LOL!!!

    --
    Steve
    Hong Kong

  10. #10

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:12:40 -0700, "DiMa"
    <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote:
    >pixelPuff (the cat) sleeps on my feet as I code. Puck
    >(other cat) sleeps behind me as I code. Moth (other cat) sleeps
    >beside me as I code.
    I wish! My cats seem to want to get on the desk and sit in front of
    the monitor to get attention. <sigh>

    Gary
    Gary White Guest

  11. #11

    LOL! pixelPuff likes to chase the words across the screen as I type them, and
    she likes to chase the cursor, too.

    I must tell you what this crazy thing did this morning! :) She has a knack for
    inventing games. Games like Bathtub Hockey (where she picks stuff up in her
    teeth...stuff like the remote...cd covers, VHS covers, spoons, toys, etc...and
    drops them into the tub. Then she plays hockey with them, swatting them up the
    side of the tub and watching them slide back again. Great fun!), and Waterdish
    Wading (where she jumps into the water dish and gets good and wet, then pounces
    the other cats...my feet...the clean kitchen floor...whatever).

    This morning I awoke to a strange noise so I went to investigate. There she was
    in the kitchen, with her front paws on a plastic grocery sack, hind legs
    running on the floor, sliding around the kitchen at the speed of light! She'd
    knocked over the water dish and the food dishes, there was kibble everywhere,
    but dang it she was having a blast!! :) Wish I had a video camera! Bet we could
    win a prize with that one! ;)

    I'll never understand people who hate cats...Talk about entertainment! :)
    DiMa
    --------------------

    "Gary White" <replynewsgroup.please> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:12:40 -0700, "DiMa"
    > <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote:
    >
    > >pixelPuff (the cat) sleeps on my feet as I code. Puck
    > >(other cat) sleeps behind me as I code. Moth (other cat) sleeps
    > >beside me as I code.
    >
    > I wish! My cats seem to want to get on the desk and sit in front of
    > the monitor to get attention. <sigh>
    >

    > Gary

    DiMa Guest

  12. #12

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:51:52 -0700, "DiMa"
    <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote:
    >I'll never understand people who hate cats...Talk about entertainment! :)
    Ain't that the truth! :-)

    Gary
    Gary White Guest

  13. #13

    :)

    DiMa

    > On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:51:52 -0700, "DiMa"
    > <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote:
    >
    > >I'll never understand people who hate cats...Talk about entertainment! :)
    >
    > Ain't that the truth! :-)
    >

    > Gary

    DiMa Guest