Open Stream and it started playing. Then I selected File-->Show Current Song, and dragged it into my playlist of favorite radio stations. Now I can open and close iTunes and that station still shows up every time. I'm on iTunes 4.1 on Panther (10.3) if that makes a difference. Cool station, by the way! It's playing now. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => <2cce2cfa.11@webx.la2eafNXanI> [ref] => <2cce2cfa.-1@webx.la2eafNXanI> [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Lou_M@adobeforums.com [ip] => Lou_M@adobeforu [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 13 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> OT, way OT, iTunes problems - Adobe Photoshop Elements
Professional Web Applications Themes

OT, way OT, iTunes problems - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Any Mac people here know how to put an internet music station back into iTunes after it dissappears? No help from Apple, they ignore our questions, are they perhaps phasing this out? There are a bunch of us who love the BLUES, and all the blues stations have gone-*poof*-out of iTunes. So sad,,,,,,,, Jane...

  1. #1

    Default OT, way OT, iTunes problems

    Jane_Douglass@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: OT, way OT, iTunes problems

    Hi, Jane. Apple is aware of that and troubleshooting it now. Those stations also disappear if you click the categories immediately above and below them.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Alternative to the "stations" from Apple, check out

    <http://www.shoutcast.com/>

    They have a huge variety of music from around the world.

    For some reason Mozilla 1.5 doesn't like handing off to iTunes, but
    no problem with Safari. Once you've selected a stream, then it will be in your iTunes library and you don't have to re-start from a browser.

    Kyle
    Kyle_White@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Live365.com has a bunch of stations. There's a neat one called CelticMelt, if you're into that sort of thing. It plays through iTunes.
    Lou_M@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Thank you!
    Hi Kyle, Yes, Shoutcast(the best), was the one that had several of their blues stations included in iTunes ,
    The best of the blues(no commercials) was this one from the Paradynamic Roadhouse,
    <http://yp.shoutcast.com/index.phtml?s=blues&st=gs&l=100&bitrate=any&x=32&y =9>
    It's the 5th one down on the list(all are quite good).

    I use Netscape or IE but I didn't need them open to listen to iTunes, I would just click on Blues, ParaDynamic Roadhouse, and there it was loud and clear.
    Since all the Blues stations have gone from iTunes, I have to start Netscape or IE, open the link above, and click on "Listen". Then RealPlayer opens, but I like iTunes much better.

    You bring up the main question that we have, how would you get it (back) into your iTunes library? That is what we were trying to do with the G5 at the store, and it would not work. I have tried many ways, even to put the station URL into the Advanced part of iTunes.

    Hi Barbara, That is strange that the stations would disappear if you clicked on the wrong one! Wow, I guess they do have a problem. At the local Apple store here today, his Blues had gone away too, the G5 with its new Panther, couldn't even get them. If Apple is aware, then they might fix it and I wouldn't have to 'have the blues' any more. I did e-mail them, but they are somewhat slack in communications with customers I guess.
    iTunes is a great thing, and I would think that it would be in Apple's best interest to have it running well.
    I have had friends over and showed them iTunes, and they all say 'Cool' and ask if they can get it on their PCs. One youngster even thought it was so 'cool' that he was thinking of getting a Mac. So it indeed does benefit sales for people to see neat stuff like iTunes(and iMovie and so forth). I did notice that several other stations were missing too.

    Thank you all with your suggestions, I hope we can find out what happened and how to fix the Blues, or have Apple fix it. Will keep on tryin,
    Jane
    PS
    Forgot to mention that Jane Douglass is Jane Carter, thats my maiden name, and for some reason, when I sign in using IE, thats me.
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Jane, the disappearing blues is some kind of itunes problem, but unfortunately the disappearing other stations is something that's been going on for a long time and nothing to do with apple.

    Many internet radio stations (including most of my favorites) are going off the air and many more are becoming "premium" stations that are only available to paying members of live 365 and such.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks, Barbara, then there is hope, maybe Apple can fix it and get Blues back where they belong.

    On our cable TV, we have a huge list of all kinds of music, but you have to be tuned to that section of stations. I am trying to see if there is a way to get this into the computer,,,,,,,
    Just talked with their tech support people and they say that they are "thinking of doing some sort of music thing, similar to the stations included in the TV part, for the computer" He and I discussed having a part of their web site, where you could access this music. I was very pleased that it was being thought of.
    There isnt a day goes by that I dont learn something new and neat here, and not only limited to PSE, but all sorts of other computer stuff.
    Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    com wrote:

    I've run into that, too. Many things (not just internet radio) are
    going corporate, these days. We've been quietly and quickly
    experiencing the end of an era.

    Vicky Guest

  9. #9

    I've heard that some ISPs actually buy into the premium internet radio
    subscriptions and make them available to their users. It's a perk.
    Maybe this is something that we should all start to ask for...

    Vicky Guest

  10. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick_Smith@adobeforums.com Guest
    Moderated Post

  11. #11

    The ISP (in Australia) that I am just signing up with provides feeds to selected internet radio stations - I'm not sure that they are otherwise services that you have to pay for, but if you go through them then they don't count towards the download limit. (In Aus. broadband is rationed - after you get past the monthly allowance the charges can quickly mount up - and I gather that internet radio streaming is quite an easy way to rack up the megabytes quickly)

    Susan S
    Susan_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    I would think that having the ISP just add the music that is on their TV part like the tech support person was suggesting yesterday would be great. My particular Cable company has a huge long list of every kind of music that anybody could want. Lots of Blues.
    I still like iTunes screen thing, tis like hooking up an oscilloscope to the old stereos the way we used to do when we were teenagers. We used to turn the lights out and 'watch' the music and have a few beers.
    Silly but fun.
    Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Hey, Jane, I just went to that URL you listed and clicked on the station you recommended. Safari downloaded a *.pls file. I opened it in a text editor, found the URL for the station (http://205.188.234.38:8014) entered that in Advanced-->Open Stream and it started playing.

  14. #14

    Oh, and I ponied up the money for a Live365.com subscription so I could listen ad-free. It's such a liberating experience.

    If only I could do that on all the sites I visit. I'd rather spend, say, $10/month to surf the entire web ad-free, rather than deal with rotating, swirling, blinking, twirling, flashing, sliding, surging ads. I get a headache after a while. CreativeMac.com and CreativeCow.net are two of the worst; I just don't go there any more.
    Lou_M@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. Moderated Post

  16. #16

    Hi Lou, I am shutting Real Player off and going to follow your instructions,,,,,,,,,

    Hey Lou, You did it!!!!!!! You saved me and my Blues, got my station back into iTunes!

    It is the <http://205.188.234.38:8014> that did it, I tried dragging the www.paradynamic.ca and it wouldn't work, but the numerical one did.

    I have a bunch of people to email and call and send them your 'magic Blues station saver' instructions.

    Thank you!
    Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Cool! Glad it worked for you!

    (Hey, that's a good tag line you gave me: The man who saved the Blues. :-)
    Lou_M@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    Hi Lou, Now we need to know how to get the numeric address for the stations. In other words, isn't there a way to turn a URL into a numeric address. I can't seem to open the .pls file in a text editor.
    As you can tell, I am new at all this stuff, but it sure is fun.
    Thanks again,
    Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    Hi, Jane. In OS X, I just right-click (command-click) on the file in the Finder and select Open With... and open it with Text Edit. Let's see, you're on OS 9, right? I got into Macs after OS X was released, so I avoided 9.x at all costs except for the two apps that required it at the time (Elements 1.0 and DVD Studio Pro 1.1).

    OK, if I open Classic . . . oh, I see. SimpleText is too smart and opens the *.pls file as a QuickTime file. Hmmm. Let's try something else. Hmmmm <scratching head> how do I open an OS 9 Finder window in Classic?? OK, I can't. What about Sherlock--nope, can't find the file. What about Internet Explorer--nope, that can't open it as text either. BBEdit Lite works, but I doubt you have that.

    Jeez, I'm hopeless in OS 9! Sorry, Jane. Maybe someone else can help you.
    Lou_M@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    Thanks anyway, Lou, You got me the station that I want. The others aren't as good as the Paradynamic Roadhouse Blues.
    There is also a way to plug in a URL into a website I used to have, and it would spit out the numeric one for us. But I don't have it any more.

    I am happy with that one neat station in iTunes, and even my almost 3 year old grandson was impressed with it and the screen part too.
    You did make my day!
    Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast