Professional Web Applications Themes

Our D2H news story and a few opinions are here - Photography

Description, pictures, some opinions, and links to discussion and hands-on preview. http://dp-now.com/archives/000165.html Ian -- DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY NOW - http://www.dp-now.com UK-based Web magazine for users of digital photography hardware, software and services....

  1. #1

    Default Our D2H news story and a few opinions are here

    --

    DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY NOW - http://www.dp-now.com
    UK-based Web magazine for users of digital photography
    hardware, software and services.

    Ian Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Our D2H news story and a few opinions are here

    Is it too early in the day, or is the D2H news cold because of all the leaks
    or is the news just not that exciting? Practically no discussion on this NG
    so far today.

    Ian

    --
    Digital Photography Now
    UK-based digital photo Web magazine

    "Ian Burley" <com> wrote in message

    Ian Guest

  3. #3

    "Ian Burley" <com> wrote:

    leaks
    NG

    The D2H is too boring: a 4MP 1.5x camera? Who cares? It's 2 years too late
    to be of interest to anyone here. It'll be a useful tool for press/sports
    photographers, but that's a clientelle that's not represented in the
    chattering masses here.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David Guest

  4. #4

    That's too right :) Well said!

    Ian

    --

    "ajacobs2" <rr.com> wrote in message
    > leaks
    > NG
    >

    > Good, with something not arriving for several months why get hoped up[/ref]
    over
    and

    Ian Guest

  5. #5

    Ian Burley asks:

    Read the specs. WTF is the point of ANOTHER 4 MP camera, no matter how fast and
    fancy it is?

    Charlie Self

    `I don't care how little your country is, you got a right to run it like you
    want to. When the big nations quit meddling then the world will have peace.'
    Will Rogers

    Charlie Guest

  6. #6

    Right on the head David.

    .. It'll be a useful tool for press/sports

    ajacobs2 Guest

  7. #7

    "Charlie Self" <combleah> wrote in message
    news:aol.com... [/ref]
    leaks [/ref]
    NG

    > Read the specs. WTF is the point of ANOTHER 4 MP camera, no matter how[/ref]
    fast and
    If it had been a tri-layer sensor, ala Foveon, then that would be different,
    but its still bayer crap...

    I do like the WiFi though.

    Tim Guest

  8. #8

    > The D2H is too boring: a 4MP 1.5x camera? Who cares? It's 2 years too late

    OR... because of it's release, the price on D1? will be dropped, then
    it all becomes much more interesting...
    Igor Guest

  9. #9

    Default Re: Our D2H news story and a few opinions are here. Yawn!!!!

    From the description of the camera and flash it sounds like Nikon is
    catching up to the EOS 1D. Frankly the new lenses and WiFi
    transmitting are more interesting than the camera. The proof will come
    when the system lands in photographers hands.

    Since the EOS 1D has been deeply discounted lately it seems like it
    might be a candidate for retirement and its replacement is, no doubt,
    just around the corner.

    jack

    Jack Guest

  10. #10

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:27:00 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
    <com> wrote:

    >leaks
    >NG
    >
    >The D2H is too boring: a 4MP 1.5x camera? Who cares? It's 2 years too late
    >to be of interest to anyone here. It'll be a useful tool for press/sports
    >photographers, but that's a clientelle that's not represented in the
    >chattering masses here.
    >
    >David J. Littleboy
    >Tokyo, Japan
    >[/ref]
    You're right of course. It seems the group really only gets turned on
    by the truly breathtaking photography topics:

    which person is trolling the groups or
    the mindnumbing endless film vs digital debate or
    commenting on that girl who posted the baby pixs or
    which 200$ digicam is the best or
    whether annika 1980 is a man or woman or
    the list goes on and on.

    I for one am impressed by this camera.
    Bill Mcdonald in Joshua Tree.
    Olympus E-10, Olympus IS-3 DLX.
    ICQ#138329143.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/morongobill
    Bill Guest

  11. #11

    >From: "Ian Burley" com

    Probably "just not that exciting" since anyone who wants a camera with these
    specs would have bought the Canon 1D, available for at least two years and the
    camera of choice by most pro sports shooters. Nikon is just now catching up.
    Big deal.
    Bill Guest

  12. #12

    comedy (Bill Hilton) writes:

    > Probably "just not that exciting" since anyone who wants a camera with
    > these specs would have bought the Canon 1D, available for at least two
    > years and the camera of choice by most pro sports shooters. Nikon is
    > just now catching up. Big deal.[/ref]

    Hm, if Nikon follows the same principle as with D1X and D1H, then they
    are going to release D2X with resolution doubled from D2H (8
    Megapixels). That is much more interesting, right?

    Bye, Dragan

    P.S. I am an EOS fan and I don't own any Nikon, so don't shoot me. I just
    love to speculate, like everybody else in this newsgroup :-)

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    Dragan Guest

  13. #13

    >From: Dragan Cvetkovic net

    Oh yeah, 8 Mpix would be very interesting in a body like this, especially if
    the price were reasonable and the multiplier were lower. That's what Nikon
    needs, to leap-frog ahead of Canon instead of playing catch up, I feel.
    Bill Guest

  14. #14

    comedy (Bill Hilton) writes:

    > Oh yeah, 8 Mpix would be very interesting in a body like this, especially if
    > the price were reasonable and the multiplier were lower.[/ref]

    I don't think you'll seel the latter from Nikon---seeing that they are
    now rolling out their "DX" series of lenses designed to work with
    reduced size sensors, they seem committed to using smaller sensors
    instead of working towards full-frame sensors.

    --
    Richard W Kaszeta
    org

  15. #15

    Richard Kaszeta <org> writes:

    > > Oh yeah, 8 Mpix would be very interesting in a body like this, especially if
    > > the price were reasonable and the multiplier were lower.[/ref]
    >
    > I don't think you'll seel the latter from Nikon---seeing that they are
    > now rolling out their "DX" series of lenses designed to work with
    > reduced size sensors, they seem committed to using smaller sensors
    > instead of working towards full-frame sensors.[/ref]

    Do D1X and D1H have sensors of the same size? You don't need to provide
    full-frame sensor for 8Mpx.

    Bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    Dragan Guest

  16. #16

    There is a link to a page that has a recording of the D2H shooting at 8fps.
    It's on the letsgodigital link from the bottom of the news page at:

    http://dp-now.com/archives/000165.html

    I think my kids might say it sounds 'wicked' :)

    Ian

  17. #17

    Most people in this newsgroup just use the prosumer compact cameras, the D2h
    is an expensive piece of kit.

    "Ian Burley" <com> wrote in message
    leaks
    NG

    Gavin Guest

  18. #18

    "Tim O'Connor" <bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    different,

    Even the current D1h with only 2.7mp upsizes *very* well as it is a super
    clean sensor, the D2h will improve on this by a significant amount - 4mp?
    Plenty!

    Gavin Guest

  19. #19

    "Bill Hilton" <comedy> wrote in message

    these
    the
    up.

    It's nice that a camera company has focused on the camera itself, and image
    quality rather than satisfying the megapixel madness.

    Over the 1D it has ;

    - Double the buffer!
    - Faster AF (hell, even the D1h is a tad faster than the 1D and the D2h has
    CAM2000 motor as opposed to CAM1300)
    - CMOS style sensor, the 1D uses a CCD one as they couldn't get the speed
    from their CMOS chips.
    - The files from the D2h will be much cleaner, and it will kill the 1D at
    high iso's. Now that the press release is out, a couple of people who have
    had evals from the camera are reporting that ISO3200 is as clean as the
    D1h's ISO1600.
    - The wireless
    - Dynamic range *should* be better, no proof of this yet.

    And on a more personal level, as always IMO the ergonomics of the nikon body
    make the Canon look silly.

    The 2.7mp on the D1h is enough for me - the files are so clean, they upsize
    very well. The new sensor should take this further.

    Cheers

    Gav

    Gavin Guest

  20. #20

    > >Hm, if Nikon follows the same principle as with D1X and D1H, then they
    >
    > Oh yeah, 8 Mpix would be very interesting in a body like this, especially[/ref]
    if
    Nikon

    D2x will have more than 8 - but unfortunately it won't be announced until
    end of year.

    Gavin Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast