I'm involved in a project (I'll be poviding maps and charts) looking at how the rising phenomenon of outsourcing is affecting the local economy. It got me wondering about how it has affected the design community.

I know designers who have sent print jobs to various outfits in Asia for years, which certainly must affect the economy of the print shop down the street - especially the one that has a sizable amortized investment in new equipment.

But what about designers? Have any of you experienced a shortage of available work as your clients send design or production jobs to Indonesia?