This one is for all the game/presentations devolopers:

What is the right approach of making a 2D text tooltip over a 3D sprite?
by nature, the text should change sometimes.
I've tried applying 2D bitmaps with text on the overlay of the camera, and
that did work,
but my question is:
is there some way of somehow turning text member's content into a bitmap, so i
can use it as a texture?
(a text member can change, and that can give me the functionality i'm looking
for)

The other approach i was thinking of is repeatedly using the extrude3D method
of the text, and thus turning it to a 3D object.

Is there another way? maybe something i havn't thought of?

thanks in advance,
bgsBS