Professional Web Applications Themes

P2P networking - Windows Networking

the following error message continues to pop up: P2P Networking Cant start server can anyone tell me how to get rid of this?...

  1. #1

    Default P2P networking

    the following error message continues to pop up:
    P2P Networking
    Cant start server

    can anyone tell me how to get rid of this?
    Paul Guest

  2. #2

    I keep getting the error message

    " Can't start server".

    I click OK or X out and it keeps coming back.

    Anyone know how to get rid of this error? I have two
    other computers on my network in case that matters.

    Thanks

    Dale
    Dale Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: P2P Networking

    I currently have this problem with p2p networking...

    Computer A can share with B and C.
    Computers B and C can share with A.

    Problem is Computer B cannot share with Computer C, and
    vice versa. error = "...network path was not found"

    And Internet Computer Sharing does not work, only
    Computer A can access the internet.

    Configuration is a star, 3 computers connected to a
    switch.

    I have turned off firewalls, gone through the network
    connection wizard a hundred times, manually configured
    the ip addresses to 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2, and
    192.168.0.3 with the default gateway 192.168.0.1
    (Computer A with dial up/internet access) Sometimes they
    ping each other, other times I receive an error
    = "request timed out". They are all part of same
    workgroup with unique descriptions and names.

    What am I missing?
    I've gone through the microsoft knowledge base articles a
    hundred times with zero results.
    Ken Guest

  4. #4

    In article <b33c489c.0307121445.3205611eposting.google.com >,
    [email]kensjca[/email] (Ken) wrote:
    >I currently have this problem with p2p networking...
    >
    >Computer A can share with B and C.
    >Computers B and C can share with A.
    >
    >Problem is Computer B cannot share with Computer C, and
    >vice versa. error = "...network path was not found"
    >
    >And Internet Computer Sharing does not work, only
    >Computer A can access the internet.
    >
    >Configuration is a star, 3 computers connected to a
    >switch.
    >
    >I have turned off firewalls, gone through the network
    >connection wizard a hundred times, manually configured
    >the ip addresses to 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2, and
    >192.168.0.3 with the default gateway 192.168.0.1
    >(Computer A with dial up/internet access) Sometimes they
    >ping each other, other times I receive an error
    >= "request timed out". They are all part of same
    >workgroup with unique descriptions and names.
    >
    >What am I missing?
    >I've gone through the microsoft knowledge base articles a
    >hundred times with zero results.
    These web pages should help you get everything working:

    Windows XP Internet Connection Sharing
    [url]http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics[/url]

    Windows XP Network Troubleshooting
    [url]http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/troubleshoot[/url]
    --
    Best Wishes,

    [url]http://mvp.support.microsoft.com[/url]
    Steve Winograd [MVP] Guest

  5. #5

    while i am using my computer a little pop-up message
    appears for the "p2p networking" saying "cant start
    server" the only option is to click ok and then after
    about 30 seconds it pops up again. what is wrong and how
    do i fix it?...
    - anybody...please!!!

    thanks
    Andrew Guest

  6. #6

    go to the services to check the status of the server service.

    --
    For more and other information, go to
    [url]http://www25.brinkster.com/ChicagoTech[/url]

    Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services.
    Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.

    Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    Windows & Network Support, Tips and FAQs on

    "Andrew" <sarznbarzhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > while i am using my computer a little pop-up message
    > appears for the "p2p networking" saying "cant start
    > server" the only option is to click ok and then after
    > about 30 seconds it pops up again. what is wrong and how
    > do i fix it?...
    > - anybody...please!!!
    >
    > thanks

    Robert L [MS-MVP] Guest

  7. #7

    I am repeatedly receiving a message on my computer that
    says, "P2P Networking: Can't Start Server!". I keep
    clicking it away, it won't! Plus, I really CAN'T connect
    to any of my P2P programs (i.e. KaZaA). Help! This is
    really annoying after awhile!
    Cat Guest

  8. #8

    There is a small screen that keeps popping up on my
    screen that has "P2P Networking" on the title bar and in
    the screen it says, "Can't connect to server." How do i
    fix this problem?
    Brent Guest

  9. #9

    I keep getting a pop-up box every ten seconds from P2P
    Networking saying it "can't start server." Any ideas on
    what the heck this is?

    Thanks

    Bryan Boyd
    Bryan Guest

  10. #10

    Are there any messages in the Event Log regarding this?

    "Bryan" <com> wrote in message

    Travis Guest

  11. #11

    The problem is Kaaza when there is more than one user logged on to an
    XP machine. When the first user logs in the P2P service starts OK.
    When the second user logs in it appears that Kaaza tries to start P2P
    again and fails. Hence the pop up every 10 secs. Make sure that only
    one user is logged in and the message does not appear.

    I would suggest starting P2P manually. Once I've worked it out I'll
    post it up here

    Hope this helps

    Finlay
    Finlay Guest

  12. #12

    "ghe" <net> wrote in message

    System Configuration Utility (msconfig) is meant to be used as a
    troubleshooting tool. It is not a good idea to use it for stopping
    programs from loading at startup and then leaving it constantly in
    Selective Startup. The P2P Networking is probably some spyware
    trash that has infected your system. I would not be surprised if you
    use Kazaa or Imesh or what ever file sharing program, which are
    just great if you like having your system constantly infected with
    viruses and spywares.

    If I were you, I would put msconfig back to Normal and restart.
    Then I would download and install an Anti Spyware program
    and scan my system with it and delete any spywares that are detected.
    Hopefully you have a functioning up to date Anti Virus program.
    If not you could also scan your system with an online AV scanner.

    Ad-aware 6.0 build 181
    http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10214379.html?tag=list

    Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.2
    http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10194058.html?tag=list

    Trend Micro free AV Scanner
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    Panda free AV Scanner
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/

    XPUSER Guest

  13. #13

    i have a reocurring message that says "P2P Networking:
    Can't start server" i'm not running a network but i do
    have dsl. There is no reason for it to be doing that. if
    could be of any help in this matter please email me. i
    would appreciate it very much. Thank you. my email
    address is net
    raptorlap16 Guest

  14. #14

    I just switched a computer from dial up to cable and
    hooked up a LAN - now the computer randomly sends an
    error message: P2P Networking Unable to start server

    any ideas on how to make it stop without disconnecting
    the network?

    thanks
    Kadeen Guest

  15. #15

    DO you have KaZaA installed? it sounds as if you just have third party P2P
    program errors rather than an actual windows problem.
    If so, check add/remove programs and see if it will remove. If not I have
    all locations for you to delete manually.

    "Lindsey" <com> wrote in message

    Option^Explicit Guest

  16. #16

    I continue to get the message "can't start server" from
    my P2P network and it keeps popping up. It seems to work
    fine in my brother's and my mom's window accounts, but
    just not in mine, i tried creating a new account and it
    has the same problem, any suggestions?
    Jason Guest