Professional Web Applications Themes

Page Load Event Fires Twice - ASP

This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet. HTH, Bob Barrows...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Page Load Event Fires Twice

    This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
    dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the
    luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows Guest

  3. #3

    You probably should have deleted the .net groups out of the post this time.
    :]

    Ray at work

    "Bob Barrows" <reb_01501> wrote in message
    > This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
    > dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you can eliminate
    the
    > luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Bob Barrows

    Ray at Guest

  4. #4

    Ray at <%=sLocation%> wrote:
    > You probably should have deleted the .net groups out of the post this
    > time. :]
    >
    > Ray at work
    Shoot - I didn't even notice it was crossposted - my bad.

    Bob Barrows Guest

  5. #5

    Is it just this one page that has the problem?

    I've heard that Zone Labs' ZoneAlarm Pro can contribute to such problems.
    By any chance are you using it?

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD

    "James Culshaw" <JamesCdumgal.gov.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem where when I call an ASP.Net page, the page load event
    > fires twice. It doesn't do this when I step through each line of code, but
    > if I do not step through each line of code, or press F5 to continue
    running
    > during the page load event it fires a asecond time. This happens during a
    > get request and not a postback. The secnd time the page load event fires
    the
    > page seems to have lost any reference to the session that it was connected
    > with the first time it fires. Very odd behaviour. I have the
    autoeventwireup
    > property set to false, and none of the controls on the page are set to
    > autopostback.
    >
    > Can anyone shed any light on this and how I may solve it as it is causing
    > real problems.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > James :-)

    Steve C. Orr, MCSD Guest

  6. #6

    Is it just this one page that has the problem?

    I've heard that Zone Labs' ZoneAlarm Pro can contribute to such problems.
    By any chance are you using it?

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD
    [url]http://Steve.Orr.net[/url]

    "James Culshaw" <JamesCdumgal.gov.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem where when I call an ASP.Net page, the page load event
    > fires twice. It doesn't do this when I step through each line of code, but
    > if I do not step through each line of code, or press F5 to continue
    running
    > during the page load event it fires a asecond time. This happens during a
    > get request and not a postback. The secnd time the page load event fires
    the
    > page seems to have lost any reference to the session that it was connected
    > with the first time it fires. Very odd behaviour. I have the
    autoeventwireup
    > property set to false, and none of the controls on the page are set to
    > autopostback.
    >
    > Can anyone shed any light on this and how I may solve it as it is causing
    > real problems.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > James :-)

    Steve C. Orr, MCSD Guest

  7. #7

    One classic reason for multiple event fires on Page events is because
    AutoEventWireUp is missing or set to true. It should be false for web pages.

    Wray Smallwood

    > Hi,
    >
    > Its happening on two pages. We are not using Zone Alarm and it happens on
    > more than one developer machine.
    >
    > The pages call themselves when you click on a menu option, but it is via
    GET
    > not POST. If you then click refresh after it loads twioce, the page only
    > loads once! Can't understand this at all.
    >
    > James :-)
    >
    > "Steve C. Orr, MCSD" <SteveOrr.net> wrote in message
    > > Is it just this one page that has the problem?
    > >
    > > I've heard that Zone Labs' ZoneAlarm Pro can contribute to such
    problems.
    > > By any chance are you using it?
    > >
    > > --
    > > I hope this helps,
    > > Steve C. Orr, MCSD
    > > [url]http://Steve.Orr.net[/url]
    > >

    > > "James Culshaw" <JamesCdumgal.gov.uk> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I have a problem where when I call an ASP.Net page, the page load
    event
    > > > fires twice. It doesn't do this when I step through each line of code,
    > but
    > > > if I do not step through each line of code, or press F5 to continue
    > > running
    > > > during the page load event it fires a asecond time. This happens
    during
    > > > get request and not a postback. The secnd time the page load event
    fires
    > > the
    > > > page seems to have lost any reference to the session that it was
    > connected
    > > > with the first time it fires. Very odd behaviour. I have the
    > > autoeventwireup
    > > > property set to false, and none of the controls on the page are set to
    > > > autopostback.
    > > >
    > > > Can anyone shed any light on this and how I may solve it as it is
    > causing
    > > > real problems.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > >
    > > > James :-)