Professional Web Applications Themes

Page malfunction in Edit Mode - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I've never had a problem before with Contribute, so it is odd having to post to these forums. I thank anyone and everyone that replies in advance for your assistance. I am using Contribute 3.0 to work with a client's web site. Unfortunately, one of the pages loses all of the content in between the header and footer, and I'm not quite sure what's going on. It looks just fine in the "browse" mode of Contribute -- as well as in any regular web browser. The only time it looks bad is in Edit mode -- and it is the ...

  1. #1

    Default Page malfunction in Edit Mode

    I've never had a problem before with Contribute, so it is odd having to post to
    these forums. I thank anyone and everyone that replies in advance for your
    assistance.

    I am using Contribute 3.0 to work with a client's web site. Unfortunately,
    one of the pages loses all of the content in between the header and footer, and
    I'm not quite sure what's going on. It looks just fine in the "browse" mode of
    Contribute -- as well as in any regular web browser. The only time it looks bad
    is in Edit mode -- and it is the only page on the site that does this.

    You can see the page as it looks in Contribute here:

    [url]http://www.dreadnoughtwines.com/listpage_error-screenshot.jpg[/url]

    I've looked at the code for the site, and I can't figure out what's going on.
    Can anyone help me at all? I'd really appreciate it!

    Regards,

    Joe

    Joseph Polk Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Page malfunction in Edit Mode

    I have seen that problem before and i believe its Internet Explorer 6 problem.

    gx280 Guest

  3. #3

    I had this same problem, I was able to fix it by putting full paths to my CSS
    and image files. However I still have another problem in Edit Mode myself, I
    created a region, where I can edit the main text block on the page. However I
    am only able to use the mouse to edit the bottom half of the text. I can use my
    keyboard to arrow up to the lines above this and add the text. The other odd
    thing is, when I start typing text, it doesn't show up. But when I review the
    page on the temporary URL, it does display the updated text. Anyone seen this
    problem?

    packetdrop Guest

  4. #4

    You're likely missing an ending tag somewhere. Browsers are very forgiving of
    that, but it confuses Contribute's edit mode. For example, if you're missing a

    Or it could be something else.

    abna Guest