Professional Web Applications Themes

Page screen display size - Adobe Acrobat Windows

How can I change the page size as displayed in the bottom left corner? I want to make up a doent with all pages the same size but some of them come out a different size. continued...

  1. #1

    Default Page screen display size

    andy_b_carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Page screen display size

    You can either crop all the pages to be the same size as the smallest or you can print the entire thing to the Distiller (also called "Adobe PDF") Printer with a page size large enough to hold the largest one.
    W_T_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    How do I change the size of the page displayed
    andy_b_carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Andy

    What exactly do you mean by this question?

    You want to change the zoom level on your computer?

    You want to set the initial view of a PDF when it is opened on someone else's computer?

    Also what version of Acrobat are you using?
    Jonathan_H@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Jonathan,

    I think you have already realised that I don't know a lot about Acrobat.

    I am trying to put together a print file from a bunch of pdf files plus some I have produced. I noticed that the size of the ones I have imported are different from those I have done, ie. the size shown in the bottom left corner of the screen.

    I am using Version 6.0 at the moment, but have been thinking of going back to Version 5.0 for various other reasons.
    andy_b_carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I am stil not a 100% sure what you want to do here.

    If I understand correctly you have some pages in a PDF (which you have created by combining from other PDFs) that have a different page size that the others in the PDF?

    Normally the iz of the page in the PDf is determined by the source application - or, at least, you should set the page size in the source application and match it with the size of the "paper" in the Adobe PDF printer.

    You could print these pages to the Adobe PDf printer to create a new PDF. Select the page size you want in the Properties of the Adobe PDf printer and then choose "Fit to Paper" from the print dialogue box.

    Of course it isn't necessarily such a bad thing to have different size pages in a PDF if viewing on screen. If you have this large PDf and all you want to do is print to paper then you can select this option "Fit to Paper" to print direclty to paper - without the need to produce another PDF.

    If you meant something totally different then ignore all this - but please try and be very precise about what you are trying to achieve.
    Jonathan_H@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Jonathan,

    Thanks very much, I have managed to produce exactly what I wanted with your assistance.
    andy_b_carter@adobeforums.com Guest